The Transamerica Trail

Nope but its on the bucket list. If I had any faith my job would be okay come oct I'd have taken july off and done it. Bought a street bike instead.

Nope, I ride street bikes. Dirt bikes are cool, but it helps to have somewhere local to ride them. Steingar is a city boy. I'll probably hit some dirt when I ride to Ushuaia.

It's on my list to ride it, probably only the Western half (as I'm already in Colorado). Sam made it easier recently by changing it up with more Utah and less Nevada. There's 2 routes GPSKevin's and Sam Coero (sp?) anyway Sam is the Original creator and people have had no issues with his maps while GPS Kevin's have had a few routes that led to dead ends or gates.

I've ridden some of the parts in Colorado and they're pretty good like Tin Cup pass and Kokopelli trail. If you're a competent dirt rider you can ride the TAT. There's a lot of ride reports over on ADVrider.com one of my favorite reports was Big Dog's https://www.bigdogadventures.com/TATWest01.htm Some guys filmed a documentary a decade+ ago but never distributed it for whatever reason. There is a Youtube series with a British guy and his girlfried riding it on tiny trail bikes.

Back