The Russians are coming

cgrab

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
cgrab
Under the Open Skys Treaty the Russian frequently fly over our bases and take picture to make sure we are not violating any agreements with them. They will visit the following places during the week of 17-22 Oct If you're in the area watch out for them.
Travis AFB, CA
McConnell AFB, KS;
Ellsworth AFB, SD;
Robins AFB, GA;
Elmendorf AFB, AK; and
Hickam AFB, HI.

I wonder if they can dodge quadcopters. Sounds like a fun experiment to me.

So, the government is peachy letting Russian built and maintained military aircraft fly over without much oversight, which could crash into a playground full of children at any time?

Oh yes, I just played that card.

We've been doing the same thing for the Russians. That plane used to pass through IAD all the time. Amusing we also have "boots on the ground" inspectors in Russia. My software was used to process the imagery to correlate what they learned from satellite imagery, open skies, and site visits to determine the actual veracity. Don't have any stuff on the Russians that can be discussed, but there are some declassified pictures of the Iranians building their nuclear fuel plant "hidden" in the desert.

Unarmed TU-154 or OC-135 with reps from each country on board. Nothing to worry about. Worked a 135 Open Skies on approach in the late 90s during the testing phase. Been going on for quite some time.

Emergency! Everybody to get from street.

Back