The Runway Cafe at KLBX south of Houston is back open

GaryV

Pre-takeoff checklist
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
GaryV
They were open for take-out last Saturday and officially reopened for sit-down dining today. If anyone wants to fly over for lunch this weekend let me know. I will be working on my annual at my hanger and would be happy to take a break and join you.

gary

And gas is Super cheap $2.53!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I flew over for lunch Saturday and there were LOTS of planes in the pattern when I was.
The spicy grilled veggies and fried rice is awesome! (Not on the menu)

Pigpen
I’ve been working on my plane for the last couple of weeks and have enjoyed watching you shoot approaches. Sure doesn’t take long for you to complete a cycle. If I see you this weekend I will take a break and try to find you at lunch.
Gary

Pigpen
I’ve been working on my plane for the last couple of weeks and have enjoyed watching you shoot approaches. Sure doesn’t take long for you to complete a cycle. If I see you this weekend I will take a break and try to find you at lunch.
Gary

That is not me shooting approaches :)
You must be thinking about another Pigpen. lol

Anyone going to LBX on Saturday??

Quite a few showed up today. Last Sunday had around 40 planes for the 11-1 lunch period. I will be working at the hanger tomorrow so I will see if Mother’s Day impacts the crowd.

My hanger is just south of C and my red truck will be out front. I have a scanner on to hear what’s going on and would be happy to join anyone that shows up for lunch. Just put a call out to Gary to meet you at the Cafe.

All the plastic repairs are done. The wires for the ELT and a ‘gear run light‘ are pulled. The spar inspection is done. Tomorrow I go behind the panel to replace burned out bulbs in the instruments and help get the gps and other signals connected for the ELT. I’m still going to replace the flap follower cable since it’s in worse shape than I expected but I’m getting close to starting my traditional annual. Hopefully I will be back in the air in another 2-3 weeks.

So far there hasn’t been a lot of unusual cost since my IA is supervising me doing all the labor for the extra work but it’s taking longer than I hoped due to all the time it took to repair and repaint all the plastic trim, the side panels, and the headliner.

Since I’m planning to move to Arizona this year we decided to fix everything that’s been bugging me while I’m still working with an IA that’s into overseeing and mentoring me on much of the maintenance. I don’t know if I will be fortunate to find an IA that is willing to work with me out there.

Gary

I’ll be out there today (Sunday). Weather is great today!

If anyone is heading down this week feel free to text me at 979 331 8393 and I will meet you for lunch.m I took today off but will be working on the plane each day through at least Saturday this week.

gry

Back