The "Ruby" saga...aka 'Hey, where's my plane?'

My T210L, Ruby, is back from Mx...finally. Ive hesitated posting the ordeal because frankly, I don't need the sh$t I'm likely to get from some of you super-duper airplane owners who forgot your first plane............................................If you're still reading...fire away!

Ready, aim, fire. You are hereby charged with the heinous crime of, with malice and forethought, denying your fellow POAers their God given right to tell you how to fix your airplane.

Ready, aim, fire. You are hereby charged with the heinous crime of, with malice and forethought, denying your fellow POAers their God given right to tell you how to fix your airplane.

Bwaaa hahahaaa! You win!

Wow, that really sucks John. I don’t think it is possible for a prop strike even with a deflated strut. I had a strut seal go out in 20 below weather one time and no prop issues. Do you think it was there when you bought it and just did not notice it? Surely you would have heard it if it would have happened with you in the pilot’s seat.

Glad you have it repaired though and are back in the air!

Wow, that really sucks John. I don’t think it is possible for a prop strike even with a deflated strut. I had a strut seal go out in 20 below weather one time and no prop issues. Do you think it was there when you bought it and just did not notice it? Surely you would have heard it if it would have happened with you in the pilot’s seat.

Ive thought about that, but there's no way both me AND the CFI I was flying with would have missed it. Granted it was pretty minor as prop strikes go, but I don't see missing it on every preflight I did. Its a mystery. On the brighter side, I have a freshly overhauled engine I can treat they way I want to treat it that should keep me flying for years (hope I didn't just jinx myself...).

Its a mystery.

The C-210 used to make a great drug smuggling plane. What happened was one night someone took your plane and flew it to a remote landing strip in Mexico, filled the plane to over gross with drugs, then flew back, smacking the prop on the last landing. Then it was parked back your airport and parked in the spot where you left it and refueled. Usually we.... I mean usually they would leave a few dime bags in the plane for payment.

Mystery solved...:yesnod::lol::lol:

I'm wondering how much crap you fellas would give an unknown pilot with the same story. I don't mean to be a wet blanket here but as far as I can tell, only one person mentioned a ferry permit to fly it after the prop scrape/strike/rub/caress was discovered. Now I don't know you JC, but I'm sure glad you got home safely sir. You could have been a statistic.

I am also surprised you flew the plane with damaged prop tips. Seems like a prop strike incident to me, and I'd also wonder about the engine. I wouldn't have flown it without an IA's approval, which I doubt I would get. Glad you made it back OK.

I won't bother questioning the decision to fly it home, but I do question the decision to post the story on the internet. :)

This is minor. The guy who taught me to fly got busted because someone narc'ed him out for straightening a prop with a bucking bar and flying the plane home. 5 hours home.

It kept him from getting the "Wright Brothers Award" (or whatever it's called) even though he never had an accident in either his military or civilian flying careers.

John's transgression (if there even was one) is quite minor as compared to MANY others I'm aware of.

The C-210 used to make a great drug smuggling plane. What happened was one night someone took your plane and flew it to a remote landing strip in Mexico, filled the plane to over gross with drugs, then flew back, smacking the prop on the last landing. Then it was parked back your airport and parked in the spot where you left it and refueled. Usually we.... I mean usually they would leave a few dime bags in the plane for payment.

Mystery solved...:yesnod::lol::lol:

DUDE you were supposed to keep that quiet!!!!!! (extra exclamation points for effect)

Sorry man, I thought everyone knew that I was out of the business have always been a legitimate business pilot....
Any interest in 'borrowing' my plane? It doesn't haul quite as much as a 210 but it'll keep you out of Texas for at least one trip...and leave maybe a key for rent?

Nope. Gaston's was the first grass strip. The prop tips looked like concrete damage. Although I guess I cant say Ive seen grass damage.
They have some pretty tough grass at Gaston's...

Back