The right way to get rid of old tires! - Camaro content

PBristolJr

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
PBristolJr

Have new tires getting put on tomorrow so I figured I'd get rid of them the most eco-friendly way.

Any other car enthusiasts on here?

Guys do burnouts on sportbikes all the time to impress the cognitively challenged. If it doesn't help you accelerate, maneuver, or stop more quickly, I don't care about it.

Last edited:
Guys do burnouts on sportbikes all the time to impress the cognitively challenged. If it doesn't help you accelerate, maneuver, or stop more quickly, I don't care about it.

It was to help me accelerate, maneuver, and stop more quickly since I put new tires on the day after :wink2:

I agree in the sportbike scene though. Even when I took my R1 to the track I wouldn't do a burnout like everyone else and never had trouble with hooking up.

Back in high school I had a buddy with one of the Trans-Ams from the "Smokey and the Bandit" movie set, it had been wrecked/repaired three or four times and never did drive quite right, but he got it cheap and it looked great for a couple high school kids. We would occasionally go down to the local tire store and buy a couple bald "may-pops" and put them on the rear wheels, and throw the regular wheels in the trunk, go to town on Saturday night and do burnouts on the drag until they blew. Great way to attract attention for $10 worth of old tires, looking back on it now I'm surprised we never went to jail.

Those were the days...

Yep, short of a quick spin to clean off the tires it's usually a "whoops" moment

here's a great burnout 'fail'

long story short - geeky engineer who designed the world's fastest electric motorcycle, hot promotions chick and a professional motorcycle rider are going to demo the bike at a tradeshow by doing a burnout. The pro rider is a no show, so the geeky engineer decides he'll do the burnout himself. It does not end well.

Last edited:
At one of the local Bikeweek bars someone was doing a burnout in the burnout pit a few years ago (before cell phone cameras). It was a nice looking Harley but didn't look so good when it caught fire. The funny part was all the drunks pouring beer on it to put it out. Quite amusing.

On his birthday the BF let me drive this Camaro and "taught" me how to do a burnout. I didn't want to hurt anything so mine didn't leave any marks. He made me get out and switch seats - then he did a REAL one. Marks are still there! Seems kinda silly to me.

137912941_623b0a9e84_z.jpg

I have a 68' Stingray(well, not techincally it wasn't a Stingray in '68), all original, Original issue red line polyester tires are too expensive to do that too, even if a new set is going on tomorrow.

Last edited:
On his birthday the BF let me drive this Camaro and "taught" me how to do a burnout. I didn't want to hurt anything so mine didn't leave any marks. He made me get out and switch seats - then he did a REAL one. Marks are still there! Seems kinda silly to me.

What is silly, Kim, is how SWEET boyfriend's ride is!

Damn sweet ride. Pity I'm not gay.

You could have done better burnouts on your sport bike had you wanted. At least with a car it's not dangerous.

Wow.

I had a "68" in high school. Factory 4 speed. Sweet ride. Sold it to go do the Nam thing. Thought I wasn't coming back or something. :mad:

Damn sweet ride. Pity I'm not gay.

You could have done better burnouts on your sport bike had you wanted. At least with a car it's not dangerous.

Silly Steingar. I thought I told you I didn't want to die and sold all three of my motorcycles long ago. It was a fun time in my life but I don't think I'll have another bike. Pretty neat to pull out my CA license and show the "M1" though.

Silly Steingar. I thought I told you I didn't want to die and sold all three of my motorcycles long ago. It was a fun time in my life but I don't think I'll have another bike. Pretty neat to pull out my CA license and show the "M1" though.

Yes, I know. But the fact remains that you could have done far better burnouts on them than that beautiful car.

Personally, I think the pilot's license is a far snazzier accouterment.

Any other car enthusiasts on here?

Yessir..... This is one of the toys. '65 with the 425hp big block 396. Solid lifter motor with the side pipes. Pure music. This one came with the teak steering wheel, knock offs, gold line tires, power steering and brakes, and the optional hardtop.

Attachments

• boys and the vette.JPG
    boys and the vette.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 9
Might want to avoid the limiter, it's not really nice to the engine or drive line.

I really don't think it's that big of a deal once in a blue moon to tap the limiter for a few seconds. I wasn't holding wide open throttle on it, and the limiter is quite a bit lower than what the LS1 will handle. I've seen plenty of people spin these up to 8,000 rpm.

I really don't think it's that big of a deal once in a blue moon to tap the limiter for a few seconds. I wasn't holding wide open throttle on it, and the limiter is quite a bit lower than what the LS1 will handle. I've seen plenty of people spin these up to 8,000 rpm.

It's not, but that stuttering is not nice to the drive line or rod bolts, just better to get out of it when you hit it. The spinning the revs isn't the problem. We'd take 302 Chevies to 10,500 on a regular basis. It's the shocks from the stuttering at the limiter that isn't nice.

Last edited:
It's not, but that stuttering is not nice to the drive line or rod bolts, just better to get out of it when you hit it. The spinning the revs isn't the problem. We'd take 302 Chevies to 10,500 on a regular basis. It's the shocks from the stuttering at the limiter that isn't nice.

Right on.. A 302 spinning 10.5 must make a nice sound :yikes:

Back