The Right Stuff on Sundance HD

TangoWhiskey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
3Green
It's on right now (started 15 minutes ago, just missed the beginning), and plays again (4 hours, sadly with commercials) on January 12th, early morning. I've never seen it (crazy, I know!) so I've set it up to record the second showing and will protect it from deletion on my DVR.

Last edited:
Just came out in November in Bluray as well. Special features was good.

Saw it in the theater opening night when I was a kid. Long movie.

It's on my TV right now. I've lost count how many times I've watched it.

There is some great footage of rocket tests (failures) in this film. The last one made me laugh out loud.

There is some great footage of rocket tests (failures) in this film. The last one made me laugh out loud.

In my head I heard "Command Destruct" just before each of those came to grief. And that last one is funny.

Just remember to pee BEFORE watching the first Mercury launch scene.

True!

Good flick. Some errors (it is Hollywood, after all), but still fun. Especially for those of us old enough to remember the early days of the space program. Yeager and Glamorous Glennis was a little before my time, however. :D

I can't fathom watching "The Right Stuff" with commercials. How long does it take, 6 1/2 hours? Especially towards the end where they give you seven minutes of movie for every ten minutes of advertisement.

Back