The Proper Way to Eat Cereal

Captain

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
First Officer
Earth shattering topic here, I know. I only hope this thread doesn't get shunted to the SZ or locked all together...

My kids eat cereal and when they run out of cereal they dump the remaining milk in the sink. I always drank the milk as a kid. When I ask them about this they inform me the milk is gross and dirty and what not. I try to be rational and explain its only dirty with the cereal that they like and we're just eating and that it all gets mixed up inside their stomachs anyway, but to no avail.

So then I got thinking other kids out there might do the same. I don't really care about the waste of it as the milk is gone either way, I guess I find it strange behavior.

Anyone else experiencing this phenomenon?

Always drank the remaining milk crew checking in.

This is why I couldn't be a parent. If you don't plan on finishing the milk, why not use less milk then. Do children even logic?

Last edited:
Leftover milk was the best. Especially if you were eating Cocoa Puffs.

Leftover milk was the best. Especially if you were eating Cocoa Puffs.
Abaolutely.

For me, it depended on the type cereal. Now, I only use almond milk and drink every bit of it.

I grew up in the Chicago area and we drank the leftover milk. Moved to the Milwaukee area and had friends in high school look at me like I was an alien for doing so. Didn't stop me, though. I mean, these people say "bubbler" for "drinking fountain" so obviously they're a little mixed up. ;)

I drank it. My kids drink it.
My little girl is a weirdo. She makes me give her a straw with every bowl of cereal.
She doesn't want to drink directly from a bowl

I grew up in the Chicago area and we drank the leftover milk. Moved to the Milwaukee area and had friends in high school look at me like I was an alien for doing so. Didn't stop me, though. I mean, these people say "bubbler" for "drinking fountain" so obviously they're a little mixed up. ;)

Being born and raised in Ohio, I give my Milwaukee born and raised wife crap for this all the time.

So far all of the responses are incorrect.

The correct answer is to add more cereal and have a second (or 3rd) bowl of cereal until the milk is gone.

I don't eat cereal but I did when I was a kid. I hated loose milk in the bowl, so I never added more milk that the cereal could absorb. I hated freakin' Cheerios with a passion, they would just agonizingly float on top. My favorite was the granola type stuff. Although Count Chocula was fun at times, but I would usually eat that dry. Same with Rice Crispies. Frosted Flakes were okay.

The correct answer is to add more cereal and have a second (or 3rd) bowl of cereal until the milk is gone.

And then eventually have too much cereal and have to add more milk...

Well, if they don't budge, make them use water. Tell them water is cheaper and it was sanitized before coming out of the faucet.

Otherwise, drink the damn milk!

Don't buy more milk and when they ask about the milk availability situation in your household, reply with "you poured all the milk down the drain #dealwithit!"

And then eventually have too much cereal and have to add more milk...

I think there may be a looping problem here resulting in over gross takeoff attempts.

Fat%20Kid%20Aviator.jpg

We always drank the milk but have heard modern kids don't. It is weird that there is a somewhat universal change. Milk industry sneak hidden messages into cartoons or something.

Dang...haven't had cereal in a while.

Now I want some Fruity Pebbles!

Nope, my kids drink the extra milk.

My wife is a Lucky Charms girl. I like cinnamon Life and lately have been mixing Sugar Puffs with Grape Nuts. I'm not a big fan of either but we had just a little left in the bottom of each so I mixed them together once and it turned out to be a great combo so now it's the only way I eat either.

My wife does 1,000,001 things that drive me crazy. Somewhere in the middle of the list is that she leaves a bowls worth of cereal in the bottom of the box when she opens up a new one. So every few weeks I have a few bowls of ShreddedWheatLuckyCharmSugarPuffLifeBananaNutsomething.

For the record, some of the other pet peeves are chewing on ice, feeding the cats in the kitchen, leaving the Keurig on all day, not putting the cap on the toothpaste, sweeping the floor and creating a small pile but not using the dust pan to throw it away, opening her car door so that it hits the drywall in the garage, never answering her cell phone <= = but I have an idea that it may just be my calls that get screened.

One thing's for sure. You know 6PC will never post about things that his wife does that annoy him.

Earth shattering topic here, I know. I only hope this thread doesn't get shunted to the SZ or locked all together...

My kids eat cereal and when they run out of cereal they dump the remaining milk in the sink. I always drank the milk as a kid. When I ask them about this they inform me the milk is gross and dirty and what not. I try to be rational and explain its only dirty with the cereal that they like and we're just eating and that it all gets mixed up inside their stomachs anyway, but to no avail.

So then I got thinking other kids out there might do the same. I don't really care about the waste of it as the milk is gone either way, I guess I find it strange behavior.

No, your children are probably alien hybrid spawn, the rest of humanity thinks the leftover milk is the best part.

You need to ditch those kids and find some more with common sense....:D

One thing's for sure. You know 6PC will never post about things that his wife does that annoy him.

HAHA!

She doesn't lift the seat and pees all over it.
Wait, that one might be me.

She doesn't have habits as much as I have pet peeves.
I cannot stand the pantry door being left open. I don't know why. I just like doors in the house closed. She does not have this same pet peeve and often times she or the kids will leave it open.

Quick trip to Home depot and now I have added spring loaded hinges to doors that I like closed.

I think her new pet peeve is the pantry door hitting her in the ass when she is in there trying to find something.

HAHA!

She doesn't lift the seat and pees all over it.
Wait, that one might be me.

She doesn't have habits as much as I have pet peeves.
I cannot stand the pantry door being left open. I don't know why. I just like doors in the house closed. She does not have this same pet peeve and often times she or the kids will leave it open.

Quick trip to Home depot and now I have added spring loaded hinges to doors that I like closed.

I think her new pet peeve is the pantry door hitting her in the ass when she is in there trying to find something.

Ha...

Next, it will be the FRONT door...:yikes:.....:D

I've been waiting for a good cereal thread to pop up.

I'm all over the map when it comes to milk/cereal. Always been a cheerios guy, sometimes slurped the leftover milk (mostly when I was a kid), now mostly add cereal until there is no more milk left, and get this crazy sht......I found a real chocolatey whey protein powder that I hated mixing with water and drinking, so one day I tried mixing it in with my cheerios and milk and it was surprisingly tasty lol. I know, weird, I don't know where I come up with this stuff sometimes.

I've always liked Count Chocula, and it also makes yummy chocolate milk for drinking after all the cereal is eaten.

I worry for the Count, though. Looks like Captain Crunch has it out for him...

I hate the taste of plain milk, so I never drank it. When I use coconut milk, I drink it.

Back