The PoA Relay (Race)

I added a new page for the relay in case this gets up and running.

www.sidnaw.org/relay/search.php

This now allows you to search within x miles of where you are based to see if any airports qualify as a valid relay airport based on the current airport in the relay.

I added a new page for the relay in case this gets up and running.

www.sidnaw.org/relay/search.php

This now allows you to search within x miles of where you are based to see if any airports qualify as a valid relay airport based on the current airport in the relay.

Minor bug report: After selecting 200 as the distance and clicking "Go!", the distance field reverts to displaying 100. Operationally appears to apply 200. All other distance selectors seem to do the correct thing.

So should we start a couple of relays off from Dallas and see how fast a delay can get to either the east coast or west coast and back for a test?

Minor bug report: After selecting 200 as the distance and clicking "Go!", the distance field reverts to displaying 100. Operationally appears to apply 200. All other distance selectors seem to do the correct thing.

How about now? Looks like there was a misplaced single quote in my code.

For what it is worth, the following airports encompass all three west coast states and there appear to be airport variants in WA and CA that appear to allow relays well north, south, and probably to the east.

S20 - Goldendale (WA)
S21 - Sunriver (OR)
O21 - Hoopa (CA)

So should we start a couple of relays off from Dallas and see how fast a delay can get to either the east coast or west coast and back for a test?

We could do that and skip the meeting someone.

How about we start at Cedar Mills 3T0 on the north side of Dallas. And we run one to N79 Northumberland, PA (I mapped this as doable with no legs over 300nm - and I've been there for cheap fuel) to the east, and S21 Sunriver, OR to the west?

Or we could "virtually" fly it, and see if we can do it without getting stuck or backtracking to an airport we already landed at before giving it a go for real.

Last edited:
Start one on the north side and on in the south side going west? I could start a leg that direction faster.

Pick an airport and just start it.

We've got the endpoints.

We could do that and skip the meeting someone.

How about we start at Cedar Mills 3T0 on the north side of Dallas. And we run one to N79 Northumberland, PA (I mapped this as doable with no legs over 300nm - and I've been there for cheap fuel) to the east, and S21 Sunriver, OR to the west?

Or we could "virtually" fly it, and see if we can do it without getting stuck or backtracking to an airport we already landed at before giving it a go for real.

Anyone know if Cedar mills is functional again?

There is currently a Monkey race challenge going on, California to North Carolina. Any possibility for piggy backing?

This sounds like a cool idea...although I'm based in ND, so I don't know if there are other POAers around here.

Back