The plane I pased my private checkride in

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
A few years ago when I got my private, this was the aircraft I did the checkride in. I also have a bunch of hours in it.

doc457a80b94cd5d988447058.jpg

http://www.nwherald.com/articles/2006/12/09/news/local/doc457a80b94cd5d988447058.txt

It is a C172R NOT a 182 as stated in the article. I was not in Chicago at the time but earlier in the day the winds were moderate. Sky was severe clear all day and supposed to stay that way although you can see some high clouds in the pic. So I have no idea how he could have done this.

Last edited:
This is only the second accident with NIFC and their aircraft that I can remember. The other was a prop strike. the airport itself is well maintained and the runway is in great condition. I just flew out there myself a few weeks ago. There was a lot of snow and some ice but LITH is really good about keeping the runway clear of that stuff. I cannot tell from the pic exactly where he dumped it. I am wondering, and this is pure speculation, if he over braked trying to get to the midfield runway exit. But I'll have to talk to a few guys to get more info before I can lend any credence to my guess at all.

BTW there is a PoA member that teaches at Blue Skies. If he does not add anything, he lurks a lot, I'll ask him.

Ouch! This is not the approved way to switch from a high wing to a low wing.

I hope everyone is OK.

-Skip

Back