The plane engines Bariquand & Marre and the Wright Brothers

P

PeterThePilot

The Wright brothers bought 7 french engines Bariquand & Marre to power the planes they finally flew in front of credible witnesses in 1908

The articles, "Aviation in US. Seven french engines for the Wright brothers, L'Aérophile, Apr. 1, 1908, pag. 127" which says that the french company "Barriquaud-Mare" had just delivered seven 40 HP Antoinette like plane engines to the Wright brothers and "Progress of the Wright airplane experiments", Scientific American, May 23, 1908 that also talks about french engines, demonstrate, both of them, that the two inventors needed in May 1908 far more powerful engines for far less spectacular flights than the ones allegedly performed in 1905. Also on Aug. 8, 1908, the Wright brothers using the same french engines flew only 1 min and 45 sec in France, far from 38 minutes in Dayton in 1905 when a 20 HP home made motor was allegedly used. These brothers have simply no credibility and only their officially witness flights can be trusted. The rest is their own fiction.

This is the weirdest troll I've ever seen. Makes a new account, posts some weird babble about the Wright Bros., gets banned, repeats.

How long has this been going on? Is this some serious insanity or... How is this fun?

He's a classic net.kook.

Apparently not seen much around aviation, but they are in other fields.

Some of those guys can be very persistent.

This one reads like a bipolar cocaine addict. Has to be annoying as hell for whoever gets to ban him repeatedly.

He's a classic net.kook.

Apparently not seen much around aviation, but they are in other fields.

Some of those guys can be very persistent.

This one reads like a bipolar cocaine addict. Has to be annoying as hell for whoever gets to ban him repeatedly.[/QUOTE]
But they are getting quicker at it!:rofl:

The Wright brothers bought 7 french engines Bariquand & Marre to power the planes they finally flew in front of credible witnesses in 1908

The articles, "Aviation in US. Seven french engines for the Wright brothers, L'Aérophile, Apr. 1, 1908, pag. 127" which says that the french company "Barriquaud-Mare" had just delivered seven 40 HP Antoinette like plane engines to the Wright brothers and "Progress of the Wright airplane experiments", Scientific American, May 23, 1908 that also talks about french engines, demonstrate, both of them, that the two inventors needed in May 1908 far more powerful engines for far less spectacular flights than the ones allegedly performed in 1905. Also on Aug. 8, 1908, the Wright brothers using the same french engines flew only 1 min and 45 sec in France, far from 38 minutes in Dayton in 1905 when a 20 HP home made motor was allegedly used. These brothers have simply no credibility and only their officially witness flights can be trusted. The rest is their own fiction.

Most of the comments just suggested that the Santos-Dumont advocate was completely wrong.
No attempt was made to set the record straight.

Wilbur Wright did use a French engine in his demonstration flights in Europe. It was a a copy of the Taylor-Wright engine that had been built in Dayton.

The Wrights needed an European engine builder to supply engines to the European companies who were
going to build Wright Flyers in Europe. On their 1907 trip to Europe, they brought their plans and specs to
Bariquand & Marre. If anyone is interested, I can supply the documentation.

Orville had to replace his Dayton build 28+ hp engine because it threw a rod in 2008. He replaced it with the with copy of his engine that had been built in Europe by Bariquand & Marre.

Thanks for catching my typo. The date of course was 1908.

There are no links in the comment.
There are no links because I have to post 5 times before I am allowed to post the links.

No one indicated that they wanted to investigate the Brazilian argument for making Santos-Dumont
the father of aviation. I can quickly list 6 of the Wright's contributions to the field. I have difficulty
coming up with more than one for Santos-Dumont. I have requested a list of contributions a dozen times.

So far no useful responses. Santos-Dumont was the first pioneer to be officially recognized for
achieving a milestone in aviation. The 1906 contest was to fly 50 meters and 100 meters in a heavier
than air flying machine. In addition to being officially recognized by an expert witness representing the French aero-club, the flights were filmed and observed by 1000's of witnesses.

The opinion of many Brazilians is that the only explanation for the Wright Brothers secrecy was that they were liars and frauds. I have tried to provide them with an alternative narrative.

They probably haven't read or even know of the existence the Wrights early publications such as:
"Some Aeronautical Experiments" published in
the Journal of the Western Society of Engineers in December 1901. (available on line)

They like to portray the Wrights as a couple of school dropouts with little understanding of aeronautics.

I'm so confused. What an obscure 2015 thread to necropost

Bonanza

I'm so confused. What an obscure 2015 thread to necropost

Bonanza
It seems a “omg the wright brothers were the devil incarnate” freak has returned recently. There was at least one other post about this deleted earlier this week.

Back