The Pilotcast is back!

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hi Folks,

It's been a lot of work to get things rolling again (Nobody was on Facebook or Twitter last time we were active!) but The Pilotcast is officially back! Episode 71 is live in the feed. http://www.pilotcast.com/ In it, we talk about flying clubs, ICAS, the Aerobatic Racing Challenge series, and where we're going with the show.

The 3 regular hosts are myself, Pilot Bill (Williams, from the Student Pilot Cast and "billwil" here when he shows up), and Pilot Tiffany (Wolf, from San Diego, who you may have heard on Episode 51 of the Pilot's Flight PodLog).

We would not be here without both Mike Andrews "keeping the hangar warm" nor without our dedicated "Ground Crew," especially Stu Stevenson who has taken over the audio editing. A pair of PoAers have joined our ground crew as well - Troy "Voice Talent" Whistman is our announcer and Jason (FlyNE) Wilkinson is our webmaster. We even have a new theme song written and performed by Steve Tupper, aka Stephen Force of the most-excellent Airspeed podcast.

The Pilotcast will henceforth be a roughly-every-other-week podcast. We'll fill the intervening weeks with a once-a-month CFIcast which will be restarted once we get into a groove with production of the Pilotcast, and we've got something REALLY cool to fill the last week of each month that will be introduced once the CFIcast is going smoothly again.

There's also another little project we have up our sleeve that'll be introduced soon. :yes:

Episode 72 is already in the can, too - We talked with Tyson Weihs and Jason Miller of ForeFlight, developers of the most-excellent ForeFlight mobile software packages.

Man, I'm glad to be back! :goofy:

About DAMN Time!!!!

Which, Kent, you should take as a compliment expressing how much I missed the show.

Now I'll have something GOOD to listen to tomorrow.

Thanks Kent and everybody else involved!

If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

Joe

About DAMN Time!!!!

Which, Kent, you should take as a compliment expressing how much I missed the show.

Now I'll have something GOOD to listen to tomorrow.

Thanks Tim! You might be setting the bar a little high at "good" though. ;)

Thanks Kent and everybody else involved!

If there's anything I can do to help let me know.

We'd certainly love any kind of help you can offer - The biggest thing right now is getting the word out! It'd be great if some established posters from the Red, Purple, and/or other boards would start threads there too. :yes: (Send me a link too, please! :))

Where the hell has Mike been, anyway? Not around here anywhere....

Back, back on topic, good job, Kent. I'm going to download them to my iPod tonight after work!

Giggity! Let me know if you'd like any help! Like I said at Troy's that night, I'd love to be a guest, a guest host, or a field interviewer/reporter, whatever you want!

Darn! I was hoping to snag the Pilotcast.com domain name for my up-and-coming specialized plaster and fiberglass company that caters to pilots that have broken a limb in flight. ha!

Glad to hear it's back 'on the air'. It'll give me something to listen to on the loooooong drive to Georgia this weekend.

Back