The other airplane raffle

I wonder if this year's raffle plane comes with a fresh annual?

No Luscombe this year :(

The 1940s guys always have their plane out at Wings Over Houston every year as far as I can recall, so you can actually see it. You can even buy tickets at the air show.

Man if you ever have to sell your plane, you should just start a raffle.

Has anyone found any specs on that plane?

One 1966 Piper Cherokee Six (260 Hp) Airplane with Lycoming IO - 540 engine, FAA Registration Number N3839W
from raffle rules pdf.

Other than that, havn't seen any further.

I think original spec would be O-540, not IO-540.

Last edited:
from raffle rules pdf.

Other than that, havn't seen any further.

I think original spec would be O-540, not IO-540.

I called and talked with them. They are going to email me photos and details. I will pass them along if I get it. Someone is suppose to put up the info on their website too.

He did say it was having an annual done now.

I called and talked with them. They are going to email me photos and details. I will pass them along if I get it. Someone is suppose to put up the info on their website too.

He did say it was having an annual done now.

Thanks for the leg work, keep us posted.

Thanks for the leg work, keep us posted.
Got this info from them. I will upload photos later.
1966 Piper Cherokee Six (260) Description
3100 hrs total time on airframe 3100 hrs total time on engine.
At 3100 hours the following has been done: Top end overhaul (with new cylinders) Newly reconditioned prop
New governor
Newly rebuilt alternator Newly rebuilt starter New battery
New tires
New ELT batteries
Newly rebuilt landing gear
Seats and rugs removed and cleaned Headliner cleaned
The airplane is set up for IFR with the original Collins radios and nav gear. All radios and navigation equipment are in working order.
The paint is in very good condition with the bottom of the fuselage having been recently repainted.
All ADs have been complied with.
The airplane is currently undergoing a new Annual Inspection.

Attachments

• SixInterior.jpg
    SixInterior.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 49
  • SixPanel.jpg
    SixPanel.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Man if you ever have to sell your plane, you should just start a raffle.

I was thinking the same thing. If I have a $30k airplane and want top dollar for it, why not sell 3000 raffle tickets at $50? Subtract some advertising costs and website running costs and you end up with a nice chunk of change. Do this once a year and have a nice secure income. :)

I was thinking the same thing. If I have a $30k airplane and want top dollar for it, why not sell 3000 raffle tickets at $50? Subtract some advertising costs and website running costs and you end up with a nice chunk of change. Do this once a year and have a nice secure income. :)

Problem is most (all?) states don't allow individuals to raffle things off. Has to be done through churches, non-profits, etc...

Problem is most (all?) states don't allow individuals to raffle things off. Has to be done through churches, non-profits, etc...

Welcome to the "first aviation church"
founded by 6PC

Check out our lovely raffle planes all owned by members of POA

solid...

Welcome to the "first aviation church"
founded by 6PC

Check out our lovely raffle planes all owned by members of POA

solid...

Play your cards right and you'll have thousands of followers giving you all their money, with a bunch of celebrities as spokespersons.

Might as well get your deposit in on a new g650. It's what preachers need to spread the word of god, at Mach .925
:D

Got this info from them. I will upload photos later.
1966 Piper Cherokee Six (260) Description
3100 hrs total time on airframe 3100 hrs total time on engine.
At 3100 hours the following has been done: Top end overhaul (with new cylinders) Newly reconditioned prop
New governor
Newly rebuilt alternator Newly rebuilt starter New battery
New tires
New ELT batteries
Newly rebuilt landing gear
Seats and rugs removed and cleaned Headliner cleaned
The airplane is set up for IFR with the original Collins radios and nav gear. All radios and navigation equipment are in working order.
The paint is in very good condition with the bottom of the fuselage having been recently repainted.
All ADs have been complied with.
The airplane is currently undergoing a new Annual Inspection.

and 106 entries received of the requisite 400 minimum.

Looks like the Cherokee Six is out:
April 30, 2015: It is with significant regret that we are compelled to terminate the raffle. We simply have not received the minimum response we needed to break even on the aircraft.

At the outset we determined we needed to sell a minimum of 400 tickets. Much to our disappointment we have not received the participation we had hoped. We do not believe it reasonable to anticipate we shall sell the minimum number of tickets in time to conduct the drawing.

We will be placing the airplane on Ebay in the near future.
http://pvmtm.org/

Wonder which one of these is the winner.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150518_171111_resized.jpg
    20150518_171111_resized.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 233
I have the winning ticket to the old 172. :D Even my daydreams are practical.

Anyone hear when they will pick ticket 246, 247 or 248?

I need a week or 2 to schedule a trip to pick it up.

Wonder which one of these is the winner.

Crap, I meant to buy some tickets from them. They approached me at Wings over Houston... I told them I couldn't afford the taxes from winning two in a year and their jaws dropped. They hadn't ever heard of the Wings of Hope raffle, though. I saw the 1940s terminal raffle airplane at the show, she looked to be in good shape!

Tickets are still on sale. I just grabbed 3 more

I picked up one for this one. I never got my ticket for the wings of hope. I replied to the email receipt to find out where my ticket is...

Y'all are welcome for rides out of KORL when I win...

Got my ticket today LUCKY #940!! I only bought one, because that's all I need to win it.

Back