The OP is always wrong...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
Did you ever notice how the OP is always wrong here? Regardless of the topic, someone will jump up to thoroughly and professionally analyze the situation from 1000...2000 miles away and immediately tell the OP how wrong he/she is.

It's just amazing! I never knew there were so many omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscienc and omniversal people on the entire planet, much less did I know that they'd all be here!

Amazing, it's just amazing I tell you!

(Yes, I know, I'm wrong!) :goofy:

Can't tell if you are wrong or not,trying to figure out all the omni words.

I identify as non-omni. Your post is discriminatory and wrong.

Did you ever notice how the OP is always wrong here? Regardless of the topic, someone will jump up to thoroughly and professionally analyze the situation from 1000...2000 miles away and immediately tell the OP how wrong he/she is.

It's just amazing! I never knew there were so many omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscienc and omniversal people on the entire planet, much less did I know that they'd all be here!

I totally agree with you. You're 100% correct!

You're right.

Unless you have me on ignore, then it doesn't matter what I think.

And btw, welcome to the internet.

You're right.

Unless you have me on ignore, then it doesn't matter what I think.

And btw, welcome to the internet.

I only have one member on Ignore, and he is always wrong, even if he is right. I refuse to accept that he is right, therefore, no matter if he is the OP, which is rare, or a member of the shooting gallery, usually, he is wrong.

Liberal. Obama drone. Bush lies people died. Racist. But most of all, you're wrong.

I already posted a place to say a poster is wrong so you are wrong to post this here.

You're wrong about me being wrong! Since I acknowleged being wrong that makes me right!

I only have one member on Ignore, and he is always wrong, even if he is right. I refuse to accept that he is right, therefore, no matter if he is the OP, which is rare, or a member of the shooting gallery, usually, he is wrong.
I used to have a rather short ignore list, but it has tripled in the last couple months.

I used to have a rather short ignore list, but it has tripled in the last couple months.

It's much more productive to have a do not reply list.

But it's not as easy to comply with.

Just curious if some of the people with the longest ignore lists are on a lot of ignore lists themselves?

My ignore list is empty... I ignore people the old fashioned way: If you're writing a whole lot of crap, I'm going to just stop reading and go on to the next post!

One tactic I have started using for my own sanity on POA is the 'hit and run'.
I will post my opinion on a topic and attempt to either not return to the thread, or not reply further. There are always people waiting in the wings to tell you that you did not experience something or you are somehow wrong.
You could post that the sky is blue here and 100 posts later have enough data for a doctorate dissertation on how the sky ain't blue.
Just like someone will post how wrong my tactic is, in a few. (and we fully expect a new side-thread on the sky's color, yes we know.)
Rather than getting sucked into the inevitable deepening vortex of argumentation that is so necessary on POA, I go read my emails from family & friends or visit a joke site.

Bye! Gotta 'run'!

One tactic I have started using for my own sanity on POA is the 'hit and run'.
I will post my opinion on a topic and attempt to either not return to the thread, or not reply further. There are always people waiting in the wings to tell you that you did not experience something or you are somehow wrong.
You could post that the sky is blue here and 100 posts later have enough data for a doctorate dissertation on how the sky ain't blue.
Just like someone will post how wrong my tactic is, in a few. (and we fully expect a new side-thread on the sky's color, yes we know.)
Rather than getting sucked into the inevitable deepening vortex of argumentation that is so necessary on POA, I go read my emails from family & friends or visit a joke site.

Bye! Gotta 'run'!

I thought every body knew, Thread creep is what this board is known for. Besides, what you really meant was the blue aircraft are the best. :)

Your headline is "The OP is always wrong," but how would anybody know? They usually ignore the content of the OP and just reply to its headline. Which is exactly what I'm doing.

My ignore user list is quite short @ 5. I tend to ignore threads regularly though. Some are doomed from the start...like this one...I might have to put it on ignore now! :goofy:

No ignore list for me...the entertainment value would drop.

Last edited:
Tim put me on ignore because I told a slightly political joke that no one seemed to mind until Tim found it days later and started to complain and call me an ahole(which violates forum policy by bypassing the forum filtr), sad and shallow (which also violates forum policy on personal attacks)

Here's the saga

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1898925#post1898925

We all feel very sorry for you. Please accept our deepest sympathies for your being victimized by such outrageous internet behavior.

I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

We all feel very sorry for you. Please accept our deepest sympathies for your being victimized by such outrageous internet behavior.

Oh, don't listen to him, Clark! :wink2: (like you actually are anyway)

I put him on ignore for far more than just that one instance...he's a constant boor...one of the boor'est of boors around here...especially since FC's gone. :yes:

I had to exercise the ignore option for the first time.

I used to use the 'hit and run' method described earlier. I spend more time on on Facebook Aviation groups then I do in the forum. Just seems to be less know it all blow hards there :dunno:

It really is just dang shame overall that there are so many people with good ideas, great experiences to share and could help tremendously to grow the GA hobby but their overgrown egos and epeen contests get in the way.... and yes I have crossed the line myself. I am not talking about someone who normally is decent guy/gal and just has a bad day or decides that hey mud wrestling pigs may actually be fun. I am talking about the ones who shout down any body else's opinion by casting aspersions or belittling. I could take it if I wanted to but, I got better things to do. Bottom line this site just isn't as helpful and friendly place as it used to be :redface: :sad: and its just plain pathetic that some grown people just act like juveniles.

Meh, :cheers: to all the good ones left

What? FC is gone!? Crap. I'm quickly moving up the ahole list.

Smooth, gentle corrections to both power and pitch will change your ahole altitude. It helps to utilize trim, to relieve the pressures. :)

Nah, I'm a big boy whose not easily offended and have enough self control to just ignore posts and threads I'm not interested in without the assistance of technology. I was just poking at Tim because he's appointed himself as the forum police and whines when anything is posted that he thinks violates policy. And, he ******* about a section of the forum that he can't even see.

Oh, don't listen to him, Clark! :wink2: (like you actually are anyway)

I put him on ignore for far more than just that one instance...he's a constant boor...one of the boor'est of boors around here...especially since FC's gone. :yes:

God forbid that you be subjected to someone else's opinion. Oh the horror.

Actually, I have noticed that the OP usually agreed with that first, then after a dozen or so posts the general consensus is that he is wrong, then people start defending him again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish everyone would put into their signatures who they are currently ignoring. That would be interesting!

No you're not.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...4cPu9NTrKc0bEhmBQ&sig2=2_tkq9Munn_AOVCJM_M2kQ

I wish everyone would put into their signatures who they are currently ignoring. That would be interesting!

I just found out that the two people on my ignore list have been banned, so I took them off.

I just found out that the two people on my ignore list have been banned, so I took them off.

I've had that happen also. Shows how good of taste you have in who you choose to ignore. :wink2:

Captain and Henning? Nah, I think they've been un-banned again.

I used to have people I'm ignoring on my signature line in SZ posts, but that seemed to offend them and caused a blow-up so I quit doing that.

The funny thing is that it's been so long that I've forgotten who I'm ignoring. Whomever it is, I don't miss them. :)

Back