The NG-1

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
We finally finished the annual on the NG-1 saturday. It is a glider that I bought last summer but had some work to do to it. We started the annual last september and then i got busy and winter hit and then we moved so i finally got the fixes done last week. Hopefully I get to fly this bird next weekend. It is all wood, HEAVY wings with a solid spar and 1/8" plywood skins, about a 35:1 glide ratio and flaps only (60 degrees) for approach control.

Attachments

• P4161923.JPG
    P4161923.JPG
    987.5 KB · Views: 43
  • P4161926.JPG
    P4161926.JPG
    926.4 KB · Views: 41
Pretty! What's the glide ratio on your Cherokee?

flew the NG-1 last weekend. It handled nice, responsive but not twitchy. Long takeoff roll thanks to limited pitch authority available on the ground thanks to recessed main wheel. The massive approach flaps are awesome. That sucker will go down if you want it to!

https://picasaweb.google.com/abcondon/NG1#

That's great Tony. Where'd you find it, originally? Local? And how much work to get it flying?

I found it through a friend of Adam Kite's out in Morgan, UT. Got it for a good price. "All" I had to do to it for it to pass my A&P's condition inspection was evaluate the cracks in the spars and pack them with epoxy and seal them.

That's great Tony. Where'd you find it, originally? Local? And how much work to get it flying?

they are big heavy wings. Same wing design as the BG-12 (solid, thick douglas fir) with 1/8" plywood skins. However the NG-1 has a different airfoil.

Best L/D is supposed to be in the mid 30's at 55 mph. Compared to the Cherokee being 23:1 at 45 mph. It weighs ~800 lbs with me in it.

Back