The new flight around the world

Touche, however one could simply announce that they are going to do the same flight, and not actually call yourself Amelia Earhart. Unless that is her real name that she was born with, if she changed it to that? UGHHHHHHH

Personal Information AMELIA ROSE EARHART

DENVER CO 80202-2319
County: DENVER
Medical Medical Class: Second, Medical Date: 10/2009Date of Issue: 2/12/2010
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT Print this certificate
Ratings:
PRIVATE PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

David, some of us here know her personally. She's a member of the same 99s chapter as Mari (and I used to be). Plus she's on staff at the Wings Over the Rockies Museum supporting kids education.

Right, I see I have jumped to conclusions. (What's new for me though?) I apologize to Amelia and her friends.

David - she's a distant relative, and named by her parents, had no say in the matter. She went to school at Univ of Colorado, was a traffic reporter for a while (and got her PP at the time) then moved back home to SoCal, did the same. She's back in Colorado (and a member of the Colorado 99s both times) for a meteorological degree.

She's still a traffic reporter. Since Denver is now down to being a one-helicopter town after having three or four for decades, she's rarely up in the air doing it, though. Just sit in the studio and read the announcements from Metro Traffic, like every other station does...

Yeah, but AE is in her mid-20s, and will be late 20s by the time of the trip. Besides, she doesn't even have the instrument yet. Not exactly the same as the Dubroff child.

Thus the pseudo-word "kinda" and the word "similar". :)

I was supposed to fly Will in the photoship to get her over Treasure Island. This was to recreate Amelia in her Electra. I had to work though :(

Kim, YOU need to become a TV reporter since you already have the flying thing in the bag...
Then YOU can get Cirrus to 'give' you an airplane (zoom zoom) and YOU can fly around the world...
Of course, YOU will need a co-pilot (ahem, blush, blush) and being the one who pointed out the infallible logic of YOU flying around the world, I am available (hint, hint)

denny-o

No. I was privately contacted by the Colorado 99s, they want her to join. They are going to call her (gave them her number which is posted on her website).

I thought she was a 99 too but someone at headquarters did the research and several years ago, as a student pilot, before PPL, she was an associate member (you can't be a member until PPL), but she stopped going to meetings, etc and "dropped out" / wasn't seen again.

Ah, my bad. I completely forgot about the associate status here in CO. And I thought she joined when she moved to CA.

[new]
And if she doesn't join the 99s, it's almost an insult, considering her ancestor was one of the founders of the organization. The chapter shouldn't be calling her, she should be contacting them!

Last edited:
I was supposed to fly Will in the photoship to get her over Treasure Island. This was to recreate Amelia in her Electra. I had to work though :(

Cool stuff!

Hey, did Will say how long before A Pilot's Story might emerge?

What ever happened to that? I was all excited about it and them stopped hearing anything

<---<^>--->

I posted a thread about that (with a trailer). I don't think they said what year it is coming out.

Back