The Mouse is for sale.

The Old Man

Line Up and Wait
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
The Old Man
To those of you here who have offered ways to help us keep the mouse, thank you.
Sandra and I have discussed it at great length the last month. She maintains that it is ultimately my decision, but that is her yielding to my pragmatism instead of her emotions.
The bottom line is this, I always wanted to fly, Sandra didn't have that as a high priority, but loved the idea. So we did it. We set our goals and bought what we thought would be the best airplane we could afford for those goals. We adjusted our lifestyle as necessary to make the whole thing happen and set out. We knew up front that time would be the ultimate limit, but we would go as far as we could.
The Mouse turned out to have been the best airplane we could have bought. It has been solid and reliable. It has taken us places we hardly dreamed of going and gotten us home again. It has, without complaint, allowed us to see so much of this country in ways that most people cannot imagine.
Now we know that our time is up. Sandra's back and diabetes make a medical for her difficult and epensive. Now, my problem added to the annual stress test would keep me out of the left seat for at least a year, if not permanently. So it is time for the Mouse to give some other people the same pleasure it has given us. We have made this decision with misty eyes, but clear heart as this is, we feel, the right thing to do.
We both feel that the bird owes us nothing. What we put into it, we more than got back in pleausre and fun. This is fortunate in todays market. So, what we seek is a couple who may share our enthusiasm for travel who will use the bird for the chance to live the life we led.

PM sent

FYI; the link in your sig line is 403'd

I assume you know that a number of airplanes are always available if you want or need to go somewhere for any reason, or even if you just want to play.

To those of you here who have offered ways to help us keep the mouse, thank you.
Sandra and I have discussed it at great length the last month. She maintains that it is ultimately my decision, but that is her yielding to my pragmatism instead of her emotions.
The bottom line is this, I always wanted to fly, Sandra didn't have that as a high priority, but loved the idea. So we did it. We set our goals and bought what we thought would be the best airplane we could afford for those goals. We adjusted our lifestyle as necessary to make the whole thing happen and set out. We knew up front that time would be the ultimate limit, but we would go as far as we could.
The Mouse turned out to have been the best airplane we could have bought. It has been solid and reliable. It has taken us places we hardly dreamed of going and gotten us home again. It has, without complaint, allowed us to see so much of this country in ways that most people cannot imagine.
Now we know that our time is up. Sandra's back and diabetes make a medical for her difficult and epensive. Now, my problem added to the annual stress test would keep me out of the left seat for at least a year, if not permanently. So it is time for the Mouse to give some other people the same pleasure it has given us. We have made this decision with misty eyes, but clear heart as this is, we feel, the right thing to do.
We both feel that the bird owes us nothing. What we put into it, we more than got back in pleausre and fun. This is fortunate in todays market. So, what we seek is a couple who may share our enthusiasm for travel who will use the bird for the chance to live the life we led.

Sounds like as hard as it is to step away from ownership that it may well be time.

It does not mean that you have to step away from flying however.

Sorry to see you are having so much medical trouble. But, it is also good to see you have enjoyed seeing things that most people in this world never get the chance to see. What a privilege!

Sorry to see you are having so much medical trouble. But, it is also good to see you have enjoyed seeing things that most people in this world never get the chance to see. What a privilege!
It wasn't a privilege, it was an honor. The living of a lifelong dream. I am proud to have done what we did and made so many friends along the way. I salute all of you who helped us in so many ways. And continue to help with your prayers and support.

Back