The most amazing landing I've ever seen!

Gotta love them supercubs with bushwheels.You people dont know what your missing if you dont own a set of bushwheels.

Is the one that Frank Cason posted the correct one?

If so (and even if not!), I agree - a heck of a landing! :D

NC19143 said:
"Big Rocks and Long Props"

That's fairly high up on my list of non essential things to get when the marbles start dropping into the holes...

Too cool! For another interesting venture down an internet bunny trail, go to the home page for Alexis Park Inn http://www.alexisparkinn.com and really poke around their site. (Like Inn..ovation, The Theme Suites, etc.) A while back when I had a bit more spare time, I was pretty active on rec.aviation and Jay was an active poster then - I suspect he still is.

supercub185 said:
Gotta love them supercubs with bushwheels.You people dont know what your missing if you dont own a set of bushwheels.

20kts of airspeed??

Yikes! I just noticed the link that I thought I posted isn't in my original post. Ya'll must have thought I was nuts. :yes:

N2212R said:
20kts of airspeed??

I'd happily trade 20kts for the ability to comfortably land places that most planes can't even crash into.

Runways? We don't need no steenkin runways either.

Right about losing airspeed for the priviledge of landing in small places.My supercub once cruised about 108 mph with a 160 hp.I have since added a cubcrafters 180 hp conversion,extended wings,drooping ailerons(like robertson stol),vortex generators,extended ailerons,bigger tires and a few other things.Now i cruise about 90 mph.I have had lots of go fast planes,but the stol ones are neat,nothing like being able to land almost anywhere.Probably in some parts of the country this isnt real important,but in the woods it is nice.Those fast ones were fun,but had to drive 50 miles to go flying,now just walk across the road.

Back