The MORNING BUZZ

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
That's the local AM Radio program on which I'll be the interview guest at 7:30, Friday November20. On your PC it's www.Radio9WCME.com. When the stream comes up to the main page, scroll down to the "Tune IN" prompt at near bottom. The station in into its fourth year since having been dead air for a number of years. The owner and who will interview me is Jim Bleikamp, retired from broadcasting from many cities in the United States. For many years he was in New York City and among other positions could be heard giving periodic stock market reports to stations throughout the country.

The interview is being done one day before I will be signing my books at Mustard Seeds Book Store, in nearby Bath, Maine. Surely, I won't be able to beat the price of the advertising while being able to promote the vendors who are selling my books. Ironically, I was once a broadcaster at this station, but that was back in the 1960s.

HR

Last edited:
I have a series of photo books which are independently published and distributed; all featuring photos from land, sea, and air.

HR

That's awesome!, can you link me to them? I tried Google but no joy.

As inferred, I photograph, write, edit, publish, and market/distribute the books, in and around this region of Bath, Brunswick, Georgetown, and word-of-mouth. Sales have been decent, though family and friends have asked, "Are you making any money on these gigs."
Response: "I'm fortunate that I don't have to rely on income for daily sustenance from the projects. But it sure beats sitting around in retirement, doing nothing."
I'm registered with Amazon.com; however, there are still some steps I need to complete before getting individual products "listed."

Today's 15 to 20 minutes of FREE Air Time during which dialogue with the radio station owner/chief announcer reminisced for those who are old enough to remember my 27 years as the camera store owner in town and clarified what I've been doing during the 11½ years since I sold the store. I was able to identify the vendors who are carrying the books and/or the restaurant where my latest exhibit of 11 photo canvases is hanging. So, though it's a local news station for Bath, Brunswick, Topsham and Freeport(primary signal), that's my market area. In the summertime the population of those towns increase tremendously, and my products are indicative of perspectives the part time residents don't see. Summer gone, my prospective demographics has reduced, so it's important to keep the "natives" aware.

Displayed are screen shots of "work sheets" of three of the books' back/front covers. The latest is "Georgetown, Maine - Views of a Roving Seagull." I'll have to search the files to find a similar screen shot. That edition has only been on the market for a few weeks. First small order sold out; new order arrived for today and tomorrow's gigs.
**** Don't pay any attention to the website URL; that company tanked, I'm in process of doing a new site.

HR

Attachments

• Georgetown Five Islands Cover.jpg
    Georgetown Five Islands Cover.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Seguin Back and Front Covers.jpg
    Seguin Back and Front Covers.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 7
  • BBH Generic Back and Front Covers.jpg
    BBH Generic Back and Front Covers.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 6
Back