The Modern Spruce Goose.

Never made much sense to develop a launch plane from scratch when there are commercial and military surplus platforms that could be adopted. Launching satellites from a plane is hardly a new idea either.

Never made much sense to develop a launch plane from scratch when there are commercial and military surplus platforms that could be adopted. Launching satellites from a plane is hardly a new idea either.

The capability they built was to launch LARGE rockets from an aircraft. None of the existing air-launch platforms, commercial or military, have the capability of launching rockets the size of what Stratolaunch was designed to take aloft. Whether it was a great business plan or not, they were on the verge of having a significant capability that no one else has or had.

I’m glad the reporter differentiated between the four anonymous sources who were familiar and the one who wasn’t...:rolleyes:

“The four persons familiar with the matter all spoke on condition of anonymity, as did the fifth source, citing the confidential nature of the matter.”

I’m glad the reporter differentiated between the four anonymous sources who were familiar and the one who wasn’t...:rolleyes:

“The four persons familiar with the matter all spoke on condition of anonymity, as did the fifth source, citing the confidential nature of the matter.”

Back when there were ink stained wretches, two confirmed and named sources would be required before an editor would allow publication of a scoop story. Now all it takes is one person with no personal integrity and malice aforethought acting along with a vocabulary and grammar limited "reporter" to create sensational "news".

The destruction of true journalism continues apace.

Back when there were ink stained wretches, two confirmed and named sources would be required before an editor would allow publication of a scoop story. Now all it takes is one person with no personal integrity and malice aforethought acting along with a vocabulary and grammar limited "reporter" to create sensational "news".

...and that one person could easily be the “reporter “.

Good thing us genx/millennials know how to filter the bs from the bs. We were brought up in fake news! I never had to see the destruction of journalism; it's always been a steady stream of agenda laden bs to me.

Anyway, there's a buyer out there for this contraption. The "carbon Condor" had been in thin branches since at least January. The technology and the people will be absorbed into the economy and everything will be fine.

Back