The Martian

He has put on some weight in the last decade. Super nice guy though who's built an impressive business model on top of podcasting.

On my weekly viewing schedule...

MacBreak Weekly
This Week in Tech

And, on occasion...

This Week in Google
Tech News Tonight
Triangulation
IOS weekly
CordKillers (not on TWIT)

via our AppleTV.

I think Leo's done a great job of popularizing video podcasts.

Believe it or not, NASA rented four theaters in Mountain View and gave us all a free viewing. It was very well received, and rather fun to watch with a lot of people who actually work on the stuff. The author is a local guy with no previous NASA connection, but he has it now. The Pleides guys were especially pleased that one of their supercomputer cabinets got a cameo.

There was very little criticism of the science, and the author was quite up front about the stretches he made, especially the wind force. I can't stress enough how unusual that is. We had a group outing to the Day After Tomorrow with a bunch of local climate scientists, and the science criticism was utterly merciless.

I listened to the audiobook. The book was interesting, with some good humor (Annie the head PR person with a sour attitude and even better list of swear words), and the voice actor did the voices pretty well. I am excited to see the movie.

Back