The Longest Day

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
Today is the 61st anniversary of D-Day. I'm sure everyone here knows it, just thought I'd start a post. Thank you to all of our veterans and current soldiers.

Alot of brave Troopers and a lot of brave soldiers gave all that night. It gives me chills to think about it. I was at my daughters high school graduation Sunday and remembered reading about the Paratroopers, and one of them remembering as he was jumping his classmates were graduating that same day. 17-18 yrs old, we owe them big time.
If you see a ww-2, or any vet today shake their hand and say thank you.
Joe

That's for sure.

The whole scenario is a constant reminder of what the World's peoples can really be like when allowed to go out of control, as opposed to higher ideals of what we would like them to be, and the huge efforts it takes to protect and continue our way of life, as well as assist those peoples of like mind.

Only fools would forget about it or not remember the great thanks we owe every day to the people that fought so arduously, with extreme difficulties, personal suffering and horrendous permanent losses against all the Axis powers, all the way to the end of WWII and continuing since then as well.

Back