The Little Toot

Nice! Good to see others out flying them. Loving mine.

Nice looking airplane. Nothing like a single seat biplane for some fun flying.

I started this thread over a year ago when I first bought the plane. So what do I think after a year?

It's still hard for me to climb into, but not as bad now that I'm used to it. It's still a tight fit, but I've grown accustomed to that as well. It's amazing to do a loop and look up when you're on top and see nothing between you and the ground. She spins like a dream! The cockpit doesn't get much airflow in it, which is great in the winter... not so much when it's 105! I roll out on the runway, give it throttle, and by the time I get the tail off the ground, I have flying speed. It comes off the ground and I'm climbing out at 80 mph. I can start an immediate turn and be at pattern altitude before I back abeam the numbers and pulling power to land (or maybe a low pass!). Still reminds me it's a short-coupled biplane occasionally on landing, but it's truly the most docile biplane I've ever flown.

I've enjoyed the Toot a lot. It's nice having a lot of extra room in the hangar, even when compared to the 140! I'm due for an annual, where we'll tear the plane down as far as we can to check every single thing, then I'll bolt it back together and put it up for sale. If I had the money, it would stay in my hangar, but I really need to focus on getting a photo plane. In the short time I've owned it, I met a lot of new people and got a chance to write a story for EAA about Tommy Meyer and the Big Toot.

There in lies the problem, you just can't keep them all. BUT I am sure it has been fun while it lasted. Maybe someone on here will be inspired to carry on with the Toot.

There in lies the problem, you just can't keep them all. BUT I am sure it has been fun while it lasted. Maybe someone on here will be inspired to carry on with the Toot.
Yep. I have to grow up and be practical... not fair! It's a great plane and someone will love it as much as I do. It even gave me my first chance to be in an air-to-air photo on the opposite side of the camera.

46042214811_9993211bd8_b.jpg

Saw both Toots at the Show. Neat things. Sorry to hear you have to pass yours along.

Last edited:
Saw bot Toots at the Show. Neat things. Sorry to hear you have to pass yours along.
Wow, I was just looking through this old thread and saw that it's been a year since I was going to sell the Toot! My Dad turned 76 on Aug 19th, 2019 and I lost him a month later. That and other life events caused me to focus on other things. Now, a year later, I'm selling the Toot! Gotta get it listed quickly!

Now, a year later, I'm selling the Toot! Gotta get it listed quickly!
Get it done Toot Sweet!

(and the first person who starts singing the song from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang gets a a stick of candy thrown at them)

Last edited:
I had the control line balsa wood model little toot when I was a kid. Had the Cox 049 engine and was a cool little plane.

Back