The Little Prince

murphey

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
murphey
They just couldn't leave it alone. The earlier 1974 film/musical based on Saint-Exupéry's book was a delight with rare performances (Bob Fosse as the Snake)

This one is animation from Paramount (who knew it had an animation dept?). Shame they wouldn't make it with the A-List actors instead of the voices of the A-List voices. Release date in March 2016.

'The story centers on a pilot who crash-lands in the Sahara desert and comes across a little boy who says he is a prince fallen to Earth from his home on an asteroid. As the pilot repairs his plane, the little prince regales him with stories about his home and the foolish inhabitants of nearby asteroids."

And here I figured by the title this was another "VIP" TFR/AF1 thread.

I've read the book in its original French. It's a pretty fun story to go through.

I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out!

It's a good animated movie, but not a straight adaptation of Saint-Exupéry's novel. "elements from the novel are woven into an original narrative about a young girl who befriends the story's now elderly aviator narrator as she deals with her overbearing mother."

The story of the girl and her mother are in 3D animation (like Pixar movies) and the story that the next door neighbor, The Aviator, tells (St. Ex, "The Little Prince") is in stop-motion animation. It has the romantic mystical feel of St. Exupéry. I thought it was beautifully done.

Back