The ink is still wet

Jaybird180

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Jaybird180
May 12, 2011 is a day that shall live in infamy (at least in my mind). I am now legal to assume all responsibilities as Pilot in Command as a Private Pilot- Single Engine Land (VFR).

Upon shutting down from my Cross Country Flight to meet the Designated Pilot Examiner my logged flight experience was as follows:
159 Daytime landings
13 Night landings
7.8hr Night
3.1hr Simulated Instruments
52.9hr Training
11.3 Solo/PIC
13.2 Cross Country
64.2hr Total time ASEL

First lesson to checkride was 25 FAA months. 1st solo was after 4 months training. Then life happened, and I took 13 FAA months away from training after completing my 3rd required pattern solo. When I returned, my original CFI was transitioning to a new career and our 141 school then had 2 new instructors.

At an average of 5.35hr/month I would recommend that anyone training have a higher activity level than I did and you will spend less time and likely less money. It didn’t take me long to get back into the groove, but it did take some time (approx 10 hrs) before my new instructor got to know me and would let me solo again, but that first solo was to the practice area.

When I took time off, I continued to causally read aviation magazines and websites and I think this helped me keep the desire alive.

ATITAPA (smile)

Congrats - now what's next? IR, Tailwheel, Complex/HP????

Keep learning!

Congrats!

Sounds like a day you'll never forget. I totally understand about training dragging out, since my first solo was 20 years ago and I've yet to get my PPL. I am now focused though and all the kids are out of college so stand back and watch. Here I go. Hopefully I'll follow your footsteps soon.

Doc

Congratulations!

Now, don't go overloading the plane with vacation stuff and an extra 100 lbs. of fuel without a ferry permit to dodge a nasty weather system, and you'll be fine! :thumbsup:

Congratulations! Enjoy your new certificate and privileges.

Congratulations!

Now, don't go overloading the plane with vacation stuff and an extra 100 lbs. of fuel without a ferry permit to dodge a nasty weather system, and you'll be fine! :thumbsup:

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
No problem...I'll just be sure to do it in a T182, 172XP or T-Aztec....yeah, I'm sure I learned that from PoA.

Congrats - now what's next? IR, Tailwheel, Complex/HP????

Keep learning!

Likely candidates are High Crosswind practice/ Extremely short field practice with obstacles (I hear there's a BB&T over at KANP) or Aerobatics/ spin/ upset recovery or if I join the club at VKX HP/Complex in a C182 (mums the word about the req'd dual training).

One of the best things is just get out there and fly. Pick an airport within your region that you have yet to go to and go check it out.

Congrats!

Congrats! Hope to join you before the end of summer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good for you............. Another bird has 'left the nest'..

Now for a pop quiz......

What do you do when the ASI goes inop during the takeoff roll ? :idea::yikes::D Jus kiddin..

Have fun with your ticket to anywhere....

Ben.

Now for a pop quiz......

What do you do when the ASI goes inop during the takeoff roll ? :idea::yikes::D Jus kiddin..

Whatever you choose, you'll be told it's wrong for 300 or so posts...:D

Congratulations! Find reasons to aviate!

John

771364_enlrg.jpg

Greeting card image shamelessly ripped from this site: http://www.greetingcarduniverse.com...ing+your+Wings+Pilot+License?1=1&page_size=64, which appears to have a whole mess of pilot greeting cards (even ones for getting glider tow rating, CFI rating, instrument rating, etc.)

Back