THE HULKS CHECK-RIDE WRITE UP

I hope you realize that this boastful, egotistical and most likely untrue comment is in stark contrast to the tone of The Hulk's write up here. That crap you wrote does not belong in the Pilot Training section either.

:nono:

If you were joking... Never mind :D

I hope you were joking especially that part about landing on the taxiway into the wind instead of using your brain and diverting or maybe not have done the flight at all by actually checking the weather...

What's untrue?

Very engaging and well done write-up. Congratulations on the ticket!!

'Gimp

Clearly you should have sticky tabbed every page. :D

Don't feel bad about the oral. Most folks have a few gotchas. For me, I somehow managed not to memorize Vfe. I completely took it for granted since I always referenced the top of the white arc instead of an actual speed. I was a bit sheepish when he asked and I fumbled. I glanced down at my kneeboard, which was sitting beside me on the floor, and he busted me for that. Went something like this:

DPE: "What is Vfe?"
Me: "Uhhh, well..." <glances down at floor>
DPE: "Woah woah woah, you don't know Vfe?"
Me: "Well, uhh, I know it's the top of the white arc and I always reference that before extending flaps."
DPE: "But you don't know what speed that is?"
Me: "Ummm..."
DPE: "What were you just looking at on the floor?"
Me: "Well I have a card clipped to my kneeboard with all of this plane's V speeds."
DPE: "But you don't know Vfe?"
Me: "I always check the white arc before deploying flaps. I could give you the exact speed by referencing the card on my kneeboard."

He let it slide after I rattled off some other V speeds correctly, but he didn't seem pleased I didn't know Vfe.

HAHA. I got the heads up that my examiner was all about knowing EVERYTHING about your plane. One of the last things we did in the oral was him flipping through my POH and asking me all kinds of questions about engine, electrical, procedures, placards, etc... He grilled me on speeds in the plane too - esp Vx and Vy, best glide rate, etc...

Back