The house I am buying Thursday after the Powerball drawing

After YOU win? Pfft. I think you need to step off. I already called dibs on the Powerball drawing. Besides, I've got a copy of the contract I signed with Satan. Legally you don't have a leg to stand on :p

I'm sorry to say it Joe - I've got 5 tickets here in my hand...of the 5, at least 3 of them will bring me money...one of which will be the jackpot.

Its in the cards man - I hate to ruin your dreams :)

wbarnhill said:
After YOU win? Pfft. I think you need to step off. I already called dibs on the Powerball drawing. Besides, I've got a copy of the contract I signed with Satan. Legally you don't have a leg to stand on :p

Satan uses disappearing ink. I thought everyone knew.

Joe Williams said:
This is my post lottery winning house. Plenty of room, and two, count 'em two, hangars, but just flat big. I'm gonna put my Caravan, my Tiger, my Citabria, my Cub, my Waco and my Staggerwing in them.:D
Don't forget your AOPA Sweepstakes Commander!

Can I park mine next to yours? ;)

-Rich

What a waste of good money.
15,000 sq ft house? By the time you get it cleaned, you'll have to go back and start at the beginning again.

4.35 acres. You can't build a decent runway on that.

5.7 mil could buy you a seriously whopping huge chunk of land and a decent sized house that you could actually enjoy.

Joe Williams said:
This is my post lottery winning house. Plenty of room, and two, count 'em two, hangars, but just flat big. I'm gonna put my Caravan, my Tiger, my Citabria, my Cub, my Waco and my Staggerwing in them.:D

http://www.fly-in.com/lot_325.html

"2 story Pilots lounge with sauna and full bath."

Owner knows how to treat his staff.

fgcason said:
What a waste of good money.
15,000 sq ft house? By the time you get it cleaned, you'll have to go back and start at the beginning again.

4.35 acres. You can't build a decent runway on that.

5.7 mil could buy you a seriously whopping huge chunk of land and a decent sized house that you could actually enjoy.

Having to go back and start again just means my cleaning lady will have job security, we're not going to do it! LOL.

BTW, you don't need to build a runway. This is at Spruce Creek Fly In. It's already got a long runway, hence the two hangars :)

corjulo said:
I'm with Frank. Too easy to loose your keys in a house that big.

Keys? KEYS? Forget that! Don't set your GPS and map down and forget them or some explorer MIGHT be able to locate your bones in an unknown hallway 400 years from now...MAYBE.

IMNSHO: $5ish mil buys you, or at least buys me: 15-20K tops (read as 'spending like there was no tomorrow') for a nice comfortable 800ish sq ft two level cabin surrounded by more land that you can ever have a use for. I'd put $20-25mil in the land. The rest is a few specific fun toys and living off the interest.

Visitor: "So, when are we going to get to your land?"
Me: "We've been on my land for the last 3 days. We should be able to get to the cabin sometime tomorrow evening...if the weather holds out."

fgcason said:
Visitor: "So, when are we going to get to your land?"
Me: "We've been on my land for the last 3 days. We should be able to get to the cabin sometime tomorrow evening...if the weather holds out."

I think you have the right idea but it sounds like you're in an ultralight in a strong headwind.

Richard said:
I think you have the right idea but it sounds like you're in an ultralight in a strong headwind.

I'm thinking CE185 STOL tundra tires the works, with a strong tailwind. :D

Having to cache an intermediate fuel dump on your land would be ideal.

Back