The Hangar Incorporated

slwool

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Steve Woolstenhulme
Does anyone have any experience with Charlie Hayes or The Hangar Incorporated (THI) at Memphis? My C340 developed a roughness in the left engine and the pilot took it there and airlined home. I'm having them check it out to see what might be the problem. It's a high time engine, so I'm planning on changing it out rather than spending any money on fixing it, so they would be doing the remove/replace work. I'd like to get some feeling for their reputation before I let them launch into it.

Don't know Steve. The guys I know have used RAM, Ultimate, Superior and Bill Cunningham for botique shops. Sure are a lot of other folks out there.

Best,

Dave

Unfortunately I really have no choice. The plane would require some work to become airworthy, and since I plan to replace the engine anyway, I don't want to spend anything on diagnostics. When we did the other engine I had local folks do it where I could drive by, ask questions, deal with glitches, etc. Memphis is a bit of a hike from Dallas!

However, I'll have my C33A out of the paint shop by the end of the week, so visiting Memphis is certainly not out of the question.

i dropped in there a few years ago with a sick indian, they replaced 2 jugs and a turbo for me while it was there, since it was almost to an annual I had them do that as well, they seemed to do good work, I had no squawks, there prices were well within reason.

wesleyj said:
they seemed to do good work, I had no squawks, there prices were well within reason.

They quoted me a flat rate of around $3750 to remove and replace the engine. I might have gotten it cheaper here at home if I twisted an arm or two, but I don't think the price they've quoted is out of line. Thanks for the feedback.

... Steve ...

If you're willing to share this info, I'd appreciate it:

Is the engine a TSIO-520?
Are you putting in a rebuilt or an overhauled engine?
What is the price for the engine?

Thanks

SkykingC310 said:
If you're willing to share this info, I'd appreciate it:

Is the engine a TSIO-520?
Are you putting in a rebuilt or an overhauled engine?
What is the price for the engine?

Thanks

I'm putting in a overhauled TSIO-520NB engine from Signature Engines in Cincinnati (513) 871-9966. New Superior Millennium cylinders, includes turbo, magnetos, ignition, spark plugs, etc. for $22,900. I did one in August on the other side. Everything went as advertised.

Back