The Hangar Contest Sweepstakes (Helicopter Heads)

Pick your poison

• R44

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • MD500 (Theodore Calvin Edition)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Enstrom F-28

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rotorway A-600

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bell 47

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

LJS1993

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
LJ Savala
Okay gentlemen it's time for another sweepstakes. This time we are talking helicopters. Before I continue let me state that yes, I know, the included helicopters are by no means equal in value or performance. However perhaps they will each appeal to some in different ways. Plus it's just fun, or at least in my mind, imagining what type of aircraft in a perfect scenario one could obtain.

I have yet to see a winner from the previous threads. I think it's rigged, like the lottery. I'm not playing.

I want my money back.

AH-64 is great for a static display. (Having spent many years working on AH-64s, I'm biased)

I took the MD500 only because it is a turbine. If the Talon was a turbine, I might go for that one. Rarely do I need an aircraft with more than a 200 mile range or more than 2 people. Any would fit my needs but I would rather a turbine over a piston anything.

I may have crazy logic because I don't know all that much about helicopters, but I chose the R44. Clearly, the MD 500 is the most capable, but if I were to win one of these, I would want to 1) earn my helicopter license in it and 2) sell it as fast as I could before the taxes were due. For these reasons, the R44 seemed the best solution.

Back