The Guy That Draws the Ant Better Watch Out

Len Lanetti

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Lenny
I just finished scanning Matthew's (age 8) latest comic strips. He sells them for a quarter each at school. I don't think he'll mind if I post a few here...just don't try to sell any at his school or Matt will find out.

The jist:
  • The Crystals -- boy finds shiny crystals, drops one, breaks into smaller crystals, now he has more crystals...an always silver lining kind of story.
  • The Flying Sqourl (sic) -- Sqourl (sic) falls out of tree, thinking it is a flying Sqourl (sic) bounces on dad's fat stomach, flies too high and blows up when too close to the sun....variation on mythology kind of story.
  • The Pig -- man eating pig, until someone get the drop on the pig and turns him into a rib feast.
Actually, listening to Matthew tell the story is worth the quarter especially since he can't stop laughing while he talks.

Len

Last edited:
Len Lanetti said:
I just finished scanning Matthew's (age 8) latest comic strips. He sells them for a quarter each at school......

Clever kid in a lot of ways.

Len: It appears your son has the art skills of an eight year old and the business skills of a 40 year old. GOOD for him!! Now if he can convice his class mates that these will be collectors items one day like early Neiman prints, you've got college paid for!

AdamZ said:
Len: It appears your son has the art skills of an eight year old and the business skills of a 40 year old.

The kids have inherited the good looks of their mother and the salesmanship of their father. David came home with $4 the other day. I asked him where he got it....he told me everyone is hungry on the school bus ride home so he sold some of the cookies left over from his lunch bag for a buck each. Mind you these were not even home made cookies just Oreo's.

Len

Len Lanetti said:
The kids have inherited the good looks of their mother and the salesmanship of their father. David came home with $4 the other day. I asked him where he got it....he told me everyone is hungry on the school bus ride home so he sold some of the cookies left over from his lunch bag for a buck each. Mind you these were not even home made cookies just Oreo's.

Len

You have your own home-grown retirement plan :)

Cute!

My son and I were talking last night about this weekends paintball outing. He said a friend of his that sits next to him in class (8th grade) drew an ION paintball gun. Josh alerted him to the fact that if the teacher saw it it would mean a trip to the office and possible suspension since they were forbidden to draw pitcures of any kind of weopens.

He quickly added some more artwork and the caption in bold letters "ION Bubble Maker"

The teacher laughed when she saw it.

Ron,

RE Guns as part of artwork. I check out the drawings before Matt takes them to school...one was rejected earlier for being too violent. His "Killer Cards" are also not allowed to go to school. Killer Cards are also hand drawn. They depict various sci-fi type monstors with life points, attack points, defense points and attack and defense plans. They are similar to Yugeo and Pokeman cards.

Len

Back