The great 6Y9 Adventure is over

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I just landed at Double Eagle, essentially 2 weeks later than originally planned. Today was a gorgeous flight from 3V5 to KAEG with stops at KRTN and KLVS for claims/NM Challenge sake.

I'm beat. I've put over 30 hours on the plane on this trip, I haven't showered since I left Minnesota, good ol' TSA took my toothbrush and stuff, so I haven't brushed in a few days. I feel like a bum. But I did it. This is pretty dang close to the Ultimate cross country. I tell you what, I'm happy, but if someone offered me the opportunity to do it again tomorrow, I'd probably pass.

Now I gotta go rush to work and start school tomorrow morning. Yay!

Good to see you made it back, but Nick....we're going to be there Labor Day!!

(the key to doing any trips of significant distance via GA - leave at least one more day to get back)

Glad you made it home OK. You're probably a better pilot for the experience in decision making.

Joe

Not only do you win the furthest airplane to fly in for the event you also win the award form longest time taken to get the plane home again.

I hope your partners were not too upset at being without the plane for this long.

I'm happy that you finally got the plane (and yourself) back but I wish we could have gotten together while you were here either time. Oh well, if you come here to work/live I'll get another chance.

Congrats. You are an inspiration to us all (and no, I am not joking).

===

Nick, dumb question.

How are you going to continue school when you are about to move to the frosty, frigid north?

SCCutler said:
How are you going to continue school when you are about to move to the frosty, frigid north?

We dun gots dem lurnin places up here, eh!

N2212R said:
We dun gots dem lurnin places up here, eh!

Now its these kinda statements that make me want to jump in my plane and head out there Ed! :yes:

School is very important to me, but if I get the chance to move to Minnesota, I'll take it, take the semester off, and become a Golden Gopher.

SkyHog said:
I'm beat. I've put over 30 hours on the plane on this trip, I haven't showered since I left Minnesota, good ol' TSA took my toothbrush and stuff, so I haven't brushed in a few days. I feel like a bum.
Ah, the sacrifices we make for General Aviation!

Good job getting back safely and not letting the get-there-itis pressure get to you.

-Rich

Back