The Geico Aerial Banner

Matthew K

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Broke Engineer
Anyone know the dimensions of the Geico aerial banner they fly along beaches and such?

It's not very big. It just looks big because of the lizard next to it.

As an aside, there's an interesting article, at least for folks like me who know very little about banner towing, in this November's AOPA pilot about a banner towing accident.

Anyone know the dimensions of the Geico aerial banner they fly along beaches and such?
I haven't seen the banner in question but when I was flying rags in NJ, 40-60ft high x 100-120ft long was the size range for most of the billboard banners I flew. Got a pic of the Geico banner you're asking about?

I haven't seen the banner in question but when I was flying rags in NJ, 40-60ft high x 100-120ft long was the size range for most of the billboard banners I flew. Got a pic of the Geico banner you're asking about?
When was that? I used to hang out with some of the banner pilots flying out of Colts Neck back in the 1980s when I kept my T-Craft there. Boss offered me a job, I told him I didn't have my commercial, he said, "I don't care, I've seen you fly." I was tempted because one of the tow planes was a Stearman but he wanted all day every Saturday and Sunday throughout the summer, and I had a life.

Flew out of Summers Point in the early 2000's. And yes, I had no life. But I got 40+ hours in my logbook a week and never made it above 800'. Fun times, glad I did it, glad I don't do it anymore.

Back