The future of commercial aviation

Look at what the pros from air France, Asian, and buffalo are capable of. How much worse can a robot be? Heck airbus already has a robot flying it is just built in.

Go ask your passengers if they want a robot instead of a live person in the pilot seat.

On second thought, don't ask that. Ask if they want a live person serving drinks during the flight instead.

How many hours do you have??

When chit gets real, I'll take a human anyday.

I wouldn't even let my dog fly on an airline piloted by a machine.

60 Minutes had a good episode on "drones" a couple months ago. One aircraft in the story was a fully automated EMS helicopter. Imagine hopping in the back of that thing at some road intersection with no pilot up front!

I don't see the pilot getting replaced entirely but it's getting to the point where the pilot will essentially be a "robot." I can see a future, at least on the EMS side, where I start the aircraft, put the throttle at fly and then a computer takes over from there. Doesn't seem possible but if a computer can prove that it can fly the profile better than us, companies are going to choose automation every time. When it gets to that point we truly have become systems managers and not real pilots. That's not a future that I'm looking forward to.

They replaced Navigators with Robots

They certainly can do the same with Pilots

And require PAX to use the Lotus position to fill their seats with near zero pitch until Gross exceeds 150% of design MGTOW

:)

Who'd be there to say "WHAT'S IT DOING NOW?"?

Pilotless airplanes are a long way off.

Back