The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

poadeleted1

Deleted by request
1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Last edited:
I heard that the apocolypse was delayed because war, famine and pestilence were having a drink before the ride and got carried away and their horses were stolen...

ummmm.....ok???

Shall I stop buying stock then, Birdman?

Greebo said:
I heard that the apocolypse was delayed because war, famine and pestilence were having a drink before the ride and got carried away and their horses were stolen...

No - that was the Apocralypse or something like that. Don't forget the the fifth horseman (but he's busy delivering milk).

For those who don't get the reference go buy any Discworld book by Terry Pratchett, and I dare you to not read the entire series.

SkyHog said:
ummmm.....ok???

No... I think the established procedure for Apocalypse preparation is that in the very near future you will be directed where to transfer your earthly assets to. They usually go to the "Grand Exalted Leader", "Supreme Prophet and General Poobah", or something like that.

If you just can't wait for notification, send them to me. Or POA, if you want to make more people happy.

Dan

TMetzinger said:
No - that was the Apocralypse or something like that. Don't forget the the fifth horseman (but he's busy delivering milk).
Apocralypse, right!

But don't bring Ronnie Soak into this, or we'll ALL be in BIG trouble!!!

(BTW: Audible.com has the ENTIRE Discworld series available for 1 credit each, so for about $25/mo you can get 2 Discworld books on cd for your self (or shell out for some of them if you go through them as fast as I do)) :)

Dan Smith said:
Or POA, if you want to make more people happy.
Go for the more people aspect. Mike, Brian, Ron, Chip and I will make sure to toast you with each round of drinks at the nearest pub. :)

Greebo said:
Apocralypse, right!

But don't bring Ronnie Soak into this, or we'll ALL be in BIG trouble!!!

(BTW: Audible.com has the ENTIRE Discworld series available for 1 credit each, so for about $25/mo you can get 2 Discworld books on cd for your self (or shell out for some of them if you go through them as fast as I do)) :)

I've gotten all the books and am now waiting for the next - he's one of the authors that I am tempted to kidnap and lock in my basement to force him to write more frequently.

Dan Smith said:
No... I think the established procedure for Apocalypse preparation is that in the very near future you will be directed where to transfer your earthly assets to. They usually go to the "Grand Exalted Leader", "Supreme Prophet and General Poobah", or something like that.

If you just can't wait for notification, send them to me. Or POA, if you want to make more people happy.

Dan

...the correct answer was MORMON. Yes, thats right....MORMON....

SJP said:
...the correct answer was MORMON. Yes, thats right....MORMON....
I can't hear the word "mormon" anymore without hearing the South Park music built around their presentation of the Mormon story...

Greebo said:
I can't hear the word "mormon" anymore without hearing the South Park music built around their presentation of the Mormon story...

Love that episode....."dum, dum, dum, dum, dummmmm"

Greg
182RG

ggroves said:
Love that episode....."dum, dum, dum, dum, dummmmm"

Greg
182RG

The best part was when the naysayer voiced her concerns:

"Smart smart smart smart smart!"

A guy I used to work with was more or less obsessed with the Apocolypse. It was part of his religion which I will not name but I was living and working in Lacaster, PA at the time so that should tell you something. No, not Amish.

He would plop down in my office and start talking about how all the turmoil in the middle east was the beginning of the end and we were close to Armegedon. This was in the early 90's during the first Gulf War. My comment to him was that I couldn't do anything about the world ending right now, so why worry about it. It was kind of weird.

Anthony said:
A guy I used to work with was more or less obsessed with the Apocolypse. It was part of his religion which I will not name but I was living and working in Lacaster, PA at the time so that should tell you something. No, not Amish.

He would plop down in my office and start talking about how all the turmoil in the middle east was the beginning of the end and we were close to Armegedon. This was in the early 90's during the first Gulf War. My comment to him was that I couldn't do anything about the world ending right now, so why worry about it. It was kind of weird.

I have an aunt, Catholic (like the rest of the family), that would tell us about the armageddon as kids. As an adult, when I was going out to be with friends, she would say "If you see the brimstone, call the house".

She wasn't kidding.

Cheers,

-Andrew

astanley said:
I have an aunt, Catholic (like the rest of the family), that would tell us about the armageddon as kids. As an adult, when I was going out to be with friends, she would say "If you see the brimstone, call the house".

She wasn't kidding.

Cheers,

-Andrew

WTH is the brimstone? LOL

SkyHog said:
ummmm.....ok???

Au.

Gold. Convertible anywhere. I know someone with a stack of k'rands, just in case. LOL.

F.W. Birdman said:
Au.

Gold. Convertible anywhere. I know someone with a stack of k'rands, just in case. LOL.

Hmmm, wonder if the 401K offers that?

The only part of the bible I ever enjoyed reading was Revelations.

Great story to re-read.
...I'll have one of whatever the author was drinking, please.

F.W. Birdman said:
Au.

Convertible to what?:dunno: Is the Apocalypse going to have a First Class Lounge? The way I read that story, you'd be better off with 20 acres in S. Georgia and a system to power it for a while, potentially crudely. Might wanna check out the Amish thing. That is unless you're Mormon, because all the Mormons will be in Heaven.:rolleyes: BTW, While not Mormon, I'm not anti Mormon either. In my experience, the most upright people I've ever done business with were Mormons. Never did one play unfair with me. Yeah, they got some strange customs, but then there's a lot of strange customs around the world that get even stranger.

SkykingC310 said:
There's only one way to heaven, my friends, and the mormon's don't have it.

I guess we won't know til the end, now, will we?

SkykingC310 said:
There's only one way to heaven, my friends, and the mormon's don't have it.
Oh, no, it is. Clearly. It was spelled out in either the simpsons or south park or something like that... bunch of people showed up in hell, all good christians, and found out that of all groups, it WAS the mormons who had it right. ;)

Greebo said:
Oh, no, it is. Clearly. It was spelled out in either the simpsons or south park or something like that... bunch of people showed up in hell, all good christians, and found out that of all groups, it WAS the mormons who had it right. ;)

South Park. Big difference from the Simpsons.

I suspect when we get to Heaven, we will be awfully surprised by who we meet up there. Likewise there will be some who are awfully surprised that we showed up. ;)

Dave Krall CFII said:
South Park. Big difference from the Simpsons.
Well sure, but all I remembered was that it was one of the animated shows I watch. :) AFter so many years and laughs they blend together...

Frank Browne said:
I suspect when we get to Heaven, we will be awfully surprised by who we meet up there. Likewise there will be some who are awfully surprised that we showed up. ;)
One of the pastors at the church camp I attended in my youth said this on the subject of the various and sundry differences in theology both between Christian denominations, and between Christians and non-Christians:
"I fully expect to get to heaven when I die, meet the Lord, and ask, 'So did I get it right?', and have him say, 'Heck no, but come on in anyway!'"

I really respected that pastor. :)

Greebo said:
'So did I get it right?', and have him say, 'Heck no, but come on in anyway!'"

I really respected that pastor. :)

I fully expect my dialog with the Lord to be very similar to that. (I hope!):lightning:

Frank Browne said:
I fully expect my dialog with the Lord to be very similar to that. (I hope!):lightning:
I'm hoping he says something like "pull up a chair and have a beer". :D

I'm guessing the strippers won't be there, though. ;)

Brian Austin said:

??? Please explain how it could be heaven without strippers?b:dunno: If God didn't enjoy strippers, how come he made so many of them?

Brian Austin said:

LMAO! One can hope!;)

But I'm remended of a John Hartford tune....

in Heaven there is no beer
that's why we drink it here
for when we're gone from heeeere
all our friends will be drinking all our beer....

Hey F.W.: this has been entertaining, but unless I missed something, you never gave us any clue as to why you posted this in the first place. Care to share your thoughts?

Dan

Dan Smith said:
Hey F.W.: this has been entertaining, but unless I missed something, you never gave us any clue as to why you posted this in the first place. Care to share your thoughts?

Dan

LOL. I have to think too? Actually was just reading it, because someone previously had asked me about the 4 Horsemen and where they came from. First response from the crowd was Notre Dame.....and I thought, gee...I wonder how many folks really know....biblical scholars excepted.

Just offering information. As I have seen elsewhere, some folks just skip by all my posts. And that's OK. It's because someone made a stand to make it your "right". And it was not some guy with pen in hand.:no: :no: :no:

Just so you are all prepared - I though you should know that it has been alleged that the Detoit Lions won a football game.

This could be it.

Anybody read 2000 year old books car mechanics? Cooking? Travel? Probably not. But lots use one to tell them how to live their lives, since our experiences are so similar to those 2000 years ago. Never made a lot of sense to me.

Back