Display name:
Kimberly
Found on Netflix (streaming):

National Geographic show:

"Is it Real?"

Season 2, Episode 9

"Bermuda Triangle"

Description:

National Geographic looks into Flight 19, legendary victim of the Bermuda Triangle, by retracing its route.

Got lost over the ocean in bad weather possibly after mis-identifying an island and, thus, their position.

How do you make a TV show out of that?

If you do some research you'll find out all of those that went missing had an FAA "file" opened on them at some point. Curious, no?

If you do some research you'll find out all of those that went missing had an FAA "file" opened on them at some point. Curious, no?
What constitutes a "file"? Are you referring to an Alert Notice? Why would one be curious, for a missing aircraft? Are you saying the FAA opened a "file" on an event that happened nearly twenty years before the organization was formed?

Ron Wanttaja

Found on Netflix (streaming):

National Geographic show:

"Is it Real?"

Season 2, Episode 9

"Bermuda Triangle"

Description:

National Geographic looks into Flight 19, legendary victim of the Bermuda Triangle, by retracing its route.

Being born and spending my 1st 30 years down in south florida and also being around marine activities I can say the vast amount of boating and aviation traffic in that area dictates a certain amount of incidents. Most can be attributed to bad luck, poor planning and other stuff that causes accidents.. Statistics back up the fact a percentage of boats and planes will meet their demise. I bet if someone runs the numbers it will bear out that fact..... With that said I can say with certainty " weird " stuff sometimes does happen in that part of the world.... :confused:

Ben.

Last edited:
Got lost over the ocean in bad weather possibly after mis-identifying an island and, thus, their position.

How do you make a TV show out of that?

The second you can relate anything to the "paranormal," you have the instant viewership of the superstitious, hysteria driven masses. How else do you think the entertainment and media industries could stay in business? :wink2:

I read somewhere that there are more planes missing without a trace over the continental US than the Bermuda Triangle. Also a researcher concluded, "The number of ships and aircraft reported missing in the area was not significantly greater, proportionally speaking, than in any other part of the ocean."

I read somewhere that there are more planes missing without a trace over the continental US than the Bermuda Triangle. Also a researcher concluded, "The number of ships and aircraft reported missing in the area was not significantly greater, proportionally speaking, than in any other part of the ocean."

That would be surprising given that the gulf stream runs right through the middle - and the gulf stream is not a good place to be when the weather is bad (particularly if the wind is blowing against the current).

On the other hand, we do know that the alien autopsies were real, and the moon landings fake. I saw it on TV.

People forget the most recent Bermuda Triangle event.

A couple of years ago, a small airplane disappeared from a locked hangar in Indiana. It was found a short time later at Abaco Island, which is right at the apex of the Bermuda Triangle!

The owner of the plane had no idea how it disappeared, he was able to show police that he still had the keys to the airplane and the hangar door lock.

No one saw the plane take off in the normal fashion. FAA radar didn't track it. Even Flightaware, a non-governmental aircraft tracking web page, didn't see the flight.

And get this: In the official reports, the FAA confirms that the aircraft did not have a pilot at the controls for the time between the aircraft disappeared and reappeared.

You wonder why THIS never made the Press! :)

Ron Wanttaja

A couple of years ago, a small airplane disappeared from a locked hangar in Indiana. It was found a short time later at Abaco Island, which is right at the apex of the Bermuda Triangle!

The owner of the plane had no idea how it disappeared, he was able to show police that he still had the keys to the airplane and the hangar door lock.

No one saw the plane take off in the normal fashion. FAA radar didn't track it. Even Flightaware, a non-governmental aircraft tracking web page, didn't see the flight.

And get this: In the official reports, the FAA confirms that the aircraft did not have a pilot at the controls for the time between the aircraft disappeared and reappeared.

Ron Wanttaja

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::D

I bet the "official" report will read no LICENSED pilot at the controls.:no:

Ron Wanttaja

I need to get me THAT autopilot.

Spend some time reading to save yourself some wasted time.

51Ea9aOdSzL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/The-Bermuda-T...9712/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330882214&sr=8-1

A couple of years ago, a small airplane disappeared from a locked hangar in Indiana.

Well being it does not take much to hotwire a small plane, My old car key used to work in maby Cessna and Pipers. Even so, the wires in the back are not hard to get to!!!

I got called by one of these "documentaries” a few years ago. They found a propeller blade in the water near some island in the Bermuda Triangle. They called me and asked if I could identify the aircraft it was on. I told them I didn’t have tail numbers or anything like that, but I could most likely tell them what the aircraft was. As I recall, the most likely candidate was an Aero Commander 690. Turns out in later correspondence that an Aero Commander was known to have crashed in the area, but they conveniently ”forgot” to mention in the documentary that the blade was probably from a known wreck.

Well being it does not take much to hotwire a small plane, My old car key used to work in maby Cessna and Pipers. Even so, the wires in the back are not hard to get to!!!

Shhhhh...don't lose my chance at a lucrative "Bermuda Triangle" documentary....:wink2:

Ron Wanttaja

Hell just find a Beech....don't even need to hotwire it....just push the start button.

Hell just find a Beech....don't even need to hotwire it....just push the start button.

And it would be even more mysterious if a Tri Pacer disappeared and then reappeared at Abaco. Except being a Tri Pacer, nobody would care or notice.

NOVA (PBS) did an expose about 15 years ago. A Coast Guard officer was interviewed and recounted a story of a man and woman sailing from Florida to the Bahamas. They were lost and calling for help. The officer asked her which chart she was using for navigation and she replied "the back of the Rand McNally Atlas". He told the reporter this type of thing was pretty typical and it was no wonder a lot of people got lost in such a heavily traveled region. :mad2:

NOVA (PBS) did an expose about 15 years ago. A Coast Guard officer was interviewed and recounted a story of a man and woman sailing from Florida to the Bahamas. They were lost and calling for help. The officer asked her which chart she was using for navigation and she replied "the back of the Rand McNally Atlas". He told the reporter this type of thing was pretty typical and it was no wonder a lot of people got lost in such a heavily traveled region. :mad2:

Hey! At least she had that.

I've had jet skis pull up alongside and ask for directions -
"How do you get to Crystal Cove from here?"

"Ummm - go that way, around the bottom of the island you see, make a left, go past a small island on your right, look for a break in the big dike on your right - go through there, through the shipping channel, and it's on your left. About 5 miles."

I got called by one of these "documentaries” a few years ago. They found a propeller blade in the water near some island in the Bermuda Triangle. They called me and asked if I could identify the aircraft it was on. I told them I didn’t have tail numbers or anything like that, but I could most likely tell them what the aircraft was. As I recall, the most likely candidate was an Aero Commander 690. Turns out in later correspondence that an Aero Commander was known to have crashed in the area, but they conveniently ”forgot” to mention in the documentary that the blade was probably from a known wreck.

Kind of like the fact that there is no real reality in reality television programs. Yet millions of morons watch that crap everyday.

What constitutes a "file"? Are you referring to an Alert Notice? Why would one be curious, for a missing aircraft? Are you saying the FAA opened a "file" on an event that happened nearly twenty years before the organization was formed?

Ron Wanttaja

The kind of file Kimberly has.

Jeez, get with the program. :)

The kind of file Kimberly has.

Jeez, get with the program. :)

Word on the street is Kimberly's file has been expanded to a " detailed investigation"..... She needs to be on the watch for black helicopters. :yikes::wink2::rofl::rofl:

Hey dude she never called me back, don't remind me I might have a file with my local FAA office! Darn it that crap had left my mind already!

I know a good aviation attorney. Want his number?

:D

Back