The first 6 months

NealRomeoGolf

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
NRG
This weekend marks 6 months from passing my checkride. I've been doing a lot more flying than I ever thought I would, both thanks to ownership and thanks to Pilots n Paws. What a great way to donate your time. Anywho, thanks to @EricBe 's awesome program, I get to see a map of where I've gone since I got my ticket. Next month I will get to add a few airports in Ohio, New York and Massachusetts. Enjoy.

visited map.jpg

Hey, I got mine 6 months ago too!(now that you mention it) I'm jealous, I'm still renting and flying mostly local.

Hey, I got mine 6 months ago too!(now that you mention it) I'm jealous, I'm still renting and flying mostly local.

Living in very unscenic Central Illinois makes local flying unappealing to me. That's why I'm more than happy to fly dogs around. Gets me to places I would never have thought of going to. To get some scenery I have to fly up to Chicago and fly the lake front or go over to the Mississippi River. Even then, it's just a big river.

P.S. I've also learned how very little traffic there is in Southern Illinois (at least during the winter). There were times I asked Springfield or KC Center if my radio was still working because nothing had been said for 20 minutes!

...I've also learned how very little traffic there is in Southern Illinois (at least during the winter). There were times I asked Springfield or KC Center if my radio was still working because nothing had been said for 20 minutes!

You're not alone...I fly just north of Detroit, and talk frequently with Pontiac, Flint, Saginaw, and Lansing. Many times, I'm the one and only person on their frequency for hours. It wasn't always like this, and it makes me worry for general aviation. When I got my license 22 years ago, the radios were quite busy.

Back