The FAA?

My cats always comment on my driving, they consider themselves chauffeured. But to the best of my knowledge the FAA only considers that the higher primate known as homosapian as a legitimate pax.

What if the passenger is in a comatose or vegetative state?

Solo students may carry their pets with them in flight. Our dog Trapper accompanied Fran on a number of solos back in her Student Pilot days, including solo XC's. "Passengers" means living humans -- regardless of state of consciousness. And the FAA doesn't get into arguments about the self-consciousness of non-humans -- genus and species, not sapience, drives their regulatory bus.

What if you're a pregnant student pilot and give birth while on solo. Are you in violation? LOL

What if you're a pregnant student pilot and give birth while on solo. Are you in violation? LOL
Yes, you are -- 14 CFR 61.53(a)(1). FWIW, the Flight Surgeon at Cannon AFB told Fran not to fly as a pilot when she was in her third trimester -- too much risk of something happening faster than she could land (not to mention inability to get the yoke far enough aft to rotate for takeoff).

My cats always comment on my driving, they consider themselves chauffeured. But to the best of my knowledge the FAA only considers that the higher primate known as homosapian as a legitimate pax.
'Cuz cavemen are people too...

A buzzard was attempting to board a plane with two dead, rotted and festering raccoons. The guard stopped him and told him he was only allowed one carrion per passenger.:p

Yes, you are -- 14 CFR 61.53(a)(1). FWIW, the Flight Surgeon at Cannon AFB told Fran not to fly as a pilot when she was in her third trimester -- too much risk of something happening faster than she could land (not to mention inability to get the yoke far enough aft to rotate for takeoff).

What? No electric trim? :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back