The engine quit on me today

linuxjim

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
JJ
And then I pulled the motorcycle over and had it towed to the local Harley shop. :)

The thread isn't 100% troll though. I WAS on the way to the airport for a 2 hr flight to 1H0 in MO. After having the motorcycle engine quit on me my mind was playing tricks on me for the first 20 - 30 min of the flight.

I specifically reviewed all emergency procedures before take off. A little after take off I was CERTAIN that the engine was shuddering, I pointed the nose at the closest airport and did a quick review of the panel. Then I realize it was just some light turbulence, I took a deep breath, relaxed and kept going.

Last time that happened was when I ran a tank try as part of my transition training with the CFI. I was certain for the next 20 minutes that the engine wasn't running right even though it was fine. Took a bit to shake the feeling.

Probably no surprise that engine trouble of any sort makes me hyper-sensitve to the fact that an engine failure really could happen at any time.

And then I pulled the motorcycle over and had it towed to the local Harley shop. :)

The thread isn't 100% troll though. I WAS on the way to the airport for a 2 hr flight to 1H0 in MO. After having the motorcycle engine quit on me my mind was playing tricks on me for the first 20 - 30 min of the flight.

I specifically reviewed all emergency procedures before take off. A little after take off I was CERTAIN that the engine was shuddering, I pointed the nose at the closest airport and did a quick review of the panel. Then I realize it was just some light turbulence, I took a deep breath, relaxed and kept going.

Last time that happened was when I ran a tank try as part of my transition training with the CFI. I was certain for the next 20 minutes that the engine wasn't running right even though it was fine. Took a bit to shake the feeling.

Probably no surprise that engine trouble of any sort makes me hyper-sensitve to the fact that an engine failure really could happen at any time.

Which shop? Libertyville? Glenview?

Do you fly out of KPWK?

It is stuck at Chicago Harley over in Glenview. I was on the way up 94 to UGN in Waukegan to put it in the hangar for the winter. Looks like I'll get at least one more day of riding in. :). All in all in was a great flight otherwise.

Back