the EKG

Ditto to avoid paying for an echo, CT, and nuclear Bruce every year.
Yeah, and there are really two pitfalls with maintaining an FAA certification. One is that often the tests are not "medically" necessary. They're just "FAA" necessary, so insurance understandably considers them unnecessary and you pay out of pocket. The other is that "excessive" testing (i.e. not medically needed) often leads to additional incidental diagnoses, which themselves can just expand the need for further testing and additional risk with respect to FAA testing. It starts to create a downward spiral at the airman's expense.

Yeah, and there are really two pitfalls with maintaining an FAA certification. One is that often the tests are not "medically" necessary. They're just "FAA" necessary, so insurance understandably considers them unnecessary and you pay out of pocket. The other is that "excessive" testing (i.e. not medically needed) often leads to additional incidental diagnoses, which themselves can just expand the need for further testing and additional risk with respect to FAA testing. It starts to create a downward spiral at the airman's expense.

I'd add a third pitfall. The FAA can change its acceptance criteria, or a subjective decision may be made by a different evaluator than in previous years, so a condition or medication or treatment that was perfectly acceptable before can become unacceptable with no change in your health.

I will never spin that OKC roulette wheel again. Basic Med from now on.

My valve is a homograft, and they don’t last forever. Someday I’ll need another valve job and I’ll then have to work with Bruce or Lou and do another SI dance. *sigh*

My valve is a homograft, and they don’t last forever. Someday I’ll need another valve job and I’ll then have to work with Bruce or Lou and do another SI dance. *sigh*

Think happy thoughts. MOSAIC and SP rules might give you an out. Or maybe you'll crash before then....
:biggrin:

Back