The dreaded warm start

Yes. Starts a hot engine in seconds. Don't care what it's for, it works. How long is your's cranking for with that procedure? 2-3 seconds with mine.

I didn’t mean to imply you were doing it wrong. It’s interesting that we both found different methods for hot starts that are on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Starts are quick with our method. We found that running the fuel pump was flooding the engine. Making it hard to start and starts we’re followed by puffs of black smoke.

I guess that’s a testament to the comments of every aircraft being different; even those with the same model airframe and engine.

I didn’t mean to imply you were doing it wrong. It’s interesting that we both found different methods for hot starts that are on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Starts are quick with our method. We found that running the fuel pump was flooding the engine. Making it hard to start and starts we’re followed by puffs of black smoke.

I guess that’s a testament to the comments of every aircraft being different; even those with the same model airframe and engine.

Didn't take it that way. Inflection is the problem with internet posts.

The single best improvement I saw was the Hartzel E series starter. It really moves that prop! It was done in conjunction with a plane power alternated and the Bogert copper cables and an 35 AXC Concord battery. Pretty much don't even think about hit starts anymore

Gotta love the ROTAX, starts like a car every time, hot or cold...

Back