The Dragon Days of Summer Fly-in at the Rockin' M

waltm

Pre-Flight
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Walt
It's time for our yearly fly-in event to welcome in the summer at the Rockin' M Airport (T14) in Quinlan, TX (just east of Dallas).

This year, we've renamed the event just a *little* bit. We're going with a medieval theme this year. Come to fly, but bring your medieval costume and have fun with us. We'll have medieval style games on Saturday (in addition to pilot games such as flour bombing and spot landing). We'll even have "jousting" of a sort. :)

The fly-in culminates on Saturday evening with the wedding of Walt (the owner) and Chellie (his fiancee'). Come for the flying, stay for the party!

June 19th thru 21st! Friday night will have the classic rock band "Fell off tha Truck". On Saturday, country artist Rick Richards will entertain before and after the wedding.

Meals will be provided by the local Boy Scout troop.

Make your plans to attend now! See you at the Rockn' M!

Attachments

• Dragon Days of Summer Flyer.jpg
    Dragon Days of Summer Flyer.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 1
I know Walt is busy with last minute details for his wedding so I'll make the update. He's had to cancel the event due to weather. The runway is closed.

From Walt:
*** UPDATE - WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON 06/17/2015 ****
I guess this is the year it's not to be. The whole property is soaked and will take days to dry up enough to host a large number of people. We've talked this through and are really sorry to say that this year's fly-in is cancelled due to inclement weather.

We are going to continue to keep the band on Friday night and, of course, the wedding will go on as planned on Saturday. For those who are attending our wedding, please don't let this stop you. We will be dry enough in the parking areas to hold your RV/travel trailers. We just don't want to take a chance with anyone's airplane.

Thank you to all who helped and who planned on attending.

We are sincerely sorry, but are always at the mercy of Mother Nature.

Back