The "Dog Days of Summer" Fly-In - June 20th thru 23rd

waltm

Pre-Flight
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Walt
Come on out to the Rockin' M Airport (formerly Taylor Airport) in Quinlan, Texas for our first fly-in of the year. This year's dates are June 20th thru 23rd. We're planning on having a grand ole time.

There will be karaoke at night, late night movies and a whole lotta fun. Plan on camping out with us and staying the whole time.

The Rockin' M Airport is located 30 miles east of Dallas, Texas on the north end of the middle finger of Lake Tawakoni. T14 is a public access/privately owned grass strip. The runway is 3120x60 ft. in good condition. For more information, visit our website at http://www.t14airport.com

See ya there!

This is a Primo opportunity to have more fun than is lawfully allowed.

I still find it interesting that part of the Frisbee Golf course is right next to the pistol firing range.

Walt's airport is a very nice place. Anyone in that DFW area and those passing through need to make it a point to stop in. The field has come a long way since he purchased the property and is a very nice runway.

I still find it interesting that part of the Frisbee Golf course is right next to the pistol firing range.

There's a reason for that, Mike. If you make a bad putt on that hole, you can walk up to the pistol range, pin your putter onto the target area and take out your aggression by filling it full of holes... :D

thanks to everyone who came out. It was a fun weekend.

Thanks for organizing this Walt! I had a good time, so did my friend Don Smith.

Serious kick in the butt, Walt.

Who knew heaven could be found east of Dallas?

There's a reason for that, Mike. If you make a bad putt on that hole, you can walk up to the pistol range, pin your putter onto the target area and take out your aggression by filling it full of holes... :D

God Bless Texas. :D

Why would anybody think he can shoot better than he putts?

I will probably move the Middle Finger fly-in to mid-September instead of Labor Day weekend. Hope to see more people then!

Back