The Do Not Call Listing for Cell Phones (NA)

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
I received this from a friend of mine. I called the number below and put both of my cell phones on the do not call list. Hope this helps.
REMINDER ...14 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. ....YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS
To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone:
888-382-1222 It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a
minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.
You must call from the cell phone number you are wanting to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS,Bookman Old Style,Arial]Claim: Cell phone users must register their numbers with the national "Do Not Call" directory to prevent their cell phone numbers from being released to telemarketers.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp
[/FONT]

Ha ha, you got that too. It doesn't hurt to put your cell number on the DNC list, but it really does no good to do so either.

FWIW I now give out my cell number only as my contact number for businesses with which I have a relationship (credit cards, internet shopping, etc.) That way if they sell my number the telemarketer is prevented from using it due to FCC regulations.

I live in a rural area, true, but with my home number on the NDNC list, and doing the above with my cell number, I never - and I mean never - get telemarketing calls. The ones I did get were from one of my own credit card companies trying to sell me life and credit insurance products. I cancelled that card and went with one that was a little more discreet and have had peaceful evenings ever since.

Back