The definition of irony

Every time a bad scientist is outed for dishonesty, the 99.99% of the rest of scientific community, who are honest & hardworking, cringes at what it does to their public image.
It can be very difficult to explain how science works to people, unfair blows to their credibility like this does not help.

Every time a bad scientist is outed for dishonesty, the 99.99% of the rest of scientific community, who are honest & hardworking, cringes at what it does to their public image.
It can be very difficult to explain how science works to people, unfair blows to their credibility like this does not help.
This is true across a lot of things. Being the outdoorsman i am, poaching and gun rights are two things that come to mind.

Similar to when one dumb-a** pilot does something incredibly stupid and irresponsible in his or her small plane and all of us are being put in a bad light.

Like fake hate crimes and questionable other studies from climate to epidemiology…seems pretty common these days sadly…I have degrees in Biochemistry and Physics so I sort of see the world as binary…agenda driven science seems to be the rage…

Back