The danger of heat

i cant believe that w/ the cost of a/c, training, etc. that you would even consider the paper postie!!...cmon, you can get your own for less than $100 at sportys and take it in and out of your rental or just leave it in your own plane. ?arent you worth that............????? jesse, thanks and keep up the great work..glad to have you still here and look forward to learning a little more in the future..

Last edited:
Both my wife and me were victims of CO poisoning in 1984. The heating system in our apartment in Germany malfunctioned and if my platoon sergeant had not come around to see what was wrong, neither of us would be here today. I recall very advanced flu like symptoms with an intense headache that lasted for quite a while. It was weeks before either us could ride in any sort of vehicle due to the motion sickness. Both of us were in the hospital for several days pressure breathing pure O2 to clear the effects of the poisoning. Today we have no less than four CO detectors in our home, one in each auto and one in the airplane. CO is nothing to mess around with where ever you are.
Effective 1 Jan this year, all homes in IL are required to have CO detectors within 15' of any sleeping quarters. We've already got ours in, and, based on this thread, will probably get a portable one for the rental planes. Thanks, Jesse!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back