The damage is done....

"There's no better way to determine whether there's a friend or foe than to pull up close to him and look at him," said one of the pilots who flies the Black Hawks but spoke on condition of anonymity because of Homeland Security rules. Most of the time, he said, pilots quickly understand they are in trouble.

"If they've got a bag over their head or teeth clenched -- it's one thing -- but more often than not, it's like the other day when I had a grandfather [flying a plane] with two grandkids in the back waving at you," he said.

HA HA HA!

this will get lifted because of "big money" being inconvenienced - no other reason. "big money" has a lot behind it - it will take time but in some ways yesterday's freakish reaction might show people they are being morons.

Len Lanetti said:
What's a small police jet?

Len

Sounds like they are using citations.

From another thread on this board, it sounds like the requirements for one of us to go to Reagan would make it not feasible, even if they open it up. We would have to land at a gate post airport for searching first. It sounds like what they were proposing with Reagan would be of more interest to jet charter types than to most of us little "weekend warriors".

I think the ADIZ is here to stay, until this country gets over the need to feel "secure".

Jim G

grattonja said:
Sounds like they are using citations.

From another thread on this board, it sounds like the requirements for one of us to go to Reagan would make it not feasible, even if they open it up. We would have to land at a gate post airport for searching first. It sounds like what they were proposing with Reagan would be of more interest to jet charter types than to most of us little "weekend warriors".

I think the ADIZ is here to stay, until this country gets over the need to feel "secure".

Jim G

right. hence my "big money" comment. no one is proposing to get rid of it because it's the right thing to do. they are proposing to get rid of it b/c the big suits are being majorly inconvenienced by it. who wouldn't want to bring a client to DCA in your Gulfstream? oooooh, ahhhh, look at the pretty monuments.

money makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round. (not that I have anything against money! :D )

Back