The Dam Visual RWY 24

I guess I missed this thread somehow yesterday. If you go beyond the joke stage, I'd add some notes indicating:

The runway is normally one way in and opposite way out (IOW beware of departing traffic coming at you on base and final).

The runway will not be visible from downwind when flying at the recommended 1300 MSL (approx) TPA.

Watch for power lines below you (hopefully) on base.

I'd also mention something about the two trees just NE of the arrival end of the runway.

I guess I missed this thread somehow yesterday. If you go beyond the joke stage,

In all seriousness, we (Nick?) should refine this so that it DOES have all the good information on it and use it as the "Unofficial Official Gaston's Arrival" for those of us PoAers that do this on an annual basis. It makes a HUGE difference knowing that all of us would be doing approximately the same thing. No surprises. Well ok, maybe the occasional surprise. There are, after all, those that are not part of our group.

NECRO POST WARNING. Anybody have the referenced RWY 24 DAM ARRIVAL chart in their archives? If so, please re-post to this thread. @SkyHog Nick?

Back