The cost of attending an NFL game.

Well, at least the Browns are near the top (or bottom) of something. Second cheapest at $330...

Brian

Haven't gone for awhile and that's part of the reason, even though I can afford it. It's just nuts to fight the crowds to pay those kind of prices and be stuck in traffic for an hour or more here. I used to be able to bring a cooler; now, that's been eliminated and they want to check my backpack in which I carry some bottled water and things like sun screen.

It just isn't worth it to me.

Best,

Dave

Having fought hard to get trade contractors paid for work properly performed on the Cowboys stadium, and being morally opposed to the way in which many families were displaced to build JerryWorld, I doubt I'll ever set foot in the place.

Haven't gone for awhile and that's part of the reason, even though I can afford it. It's just nuts to fight the crowds to pay those kind of prices and be stuck in traffic for an hour or more here. I used to be able to bring a cooler; now, that's been eliminated and they want to check my backpack in which I carry some bottled water and things like sun screen.

It just isn't worth it to me.

Best,

Dave

And now they're doing airport-style security at NFL stadiums, too.

I haven't been to a game in years, and don't have much interest in going at this point. Why pay the egos on the field, and the owners like Dan Snyder (who sued Washington City Paper for lampooning him in an article?

And now they're doing airport-style security at NFL stadiums, too.

I haven't been to a game in years, and don't have much interest in going at this point. Why pay the egos on the field, and the owners like Dan Snyder (who sued Washington City Paper for lampooning him in an article?

We went to a WSU football game at Century Link field (home of the Seahawks) earlier this fall and I was a bit shocked when security felt my crotch. Had I not been so shocked I might have taken a swing at that clown. Probably should send a note to the AD and suggest that if that happens again we'll pass on the annual game held there in the future.

For a game that has only two speeds, slow or stop, it astounds me how football has become a national pastime. It astounds me even more the amounts of dollars that trade hands for just one game.

If you are a sports fan who prefers to save their money and watch the game on TV at home, there is one huge plus for your preferences. If there is only three minutes left in the game, you have enough time to take a shower, go to the mall and pick up a few things, and get back home in time to catch the last two minutes.

Never watch it, never follow it, and I've never gone to a game. I mean this is the home of the Chargers, wadya expect?

John

Having fought hard to get trade contractors paid for work properly performed on the Cowboys stadium, and being morally opposed to the way in which many families were displaced to build JerryWorld, I doubt I'll ever set foot in the place.

I was working in Haslet during that debacle. That, the mess down in Miami with the baseball field and having lived in Memphis during the FedEx forum debacle, I'll just do without professional sports. Now the friggin NBA isn't even playing to pay for the 200 Billion in debt the cities are in for the new arenas they had to have "to stay viable in the market or we'll have to find a new city"

You have to pay their inflated salaries somehow

You forgot building them a place to "work" with your sales tax dollars in most cities that host so-called "professional" sports.

Professionals don't need hand-outs to build their office buildings and parking lots, typically. Granted most big cities also give tax rebates to large employers to sweeten the pot, but they don't pay for the offices, the plants, and the rest of the infrastructure of the business.

I haven't been to an NFL game since I was a kid, and the times I get taken to other sporting events, MLB, etc it just seems like a lot of hassle, even when it is "free" like a work or client event. Crowds, traffic, parking, waiting in line, strip searches, etc. Why voluntarily submit to this torture?

In addition, I just don't appreciate the attitudes of many of the players. I am not saying they aren't worth the money they make, and I am not saying they don't earn it. It just seems they have similar attitudes as politicians today. We're entitled, we're better, and we make a lot of money, but don't bother us. We want the fame, and money, but we don't want the downside of either, so go stuff it, even though you (the fan) pay our salary, and pay for the place we play. :rolleyes:

yeah I don't get it either. even the college game third party sales are out of control. An old co-worker was selling tickets for 250 bucks; I don't care if it's SEC, ACC, whatever-EC, that's nuts to go watch a college game.

If the Professional sports are so profitable, why do the surrounding citys have to foot the bill for the stadium?

I haven't been to an NFL game since I was a kid, and the times I get taken to other sporting events, MLB, etc it just seems like a lot of hassle, even when it is "free" like a work or client event. Crowds, traffic, parking, waiting in line, strip searches, etc. Why voluntarily submit to this torture?

In addition, I just don't appreciate the attitudes of many of the players. I am not saying they aren't worth the money they make, and I am not saying they don't earn it. It just seems they have similar attitudes as politicians today. We're entitled, we're better, and we make a lot of money, but don't bother us. We want the fame, and money, but we don't want the downside of either, so go stuff it, even though you (the fan) pay our salary, and pay for the place we play. :rolleyes:

Yes and no. You and I had a good time when we went of course that was in a primo box with free food paid for by your cousin:D

If your not rushed there is nothing like a baseball game I went to three Phils games this summer one with my brother another with some friends and one with my daughter. ( the one with my daughter was my favorite) but they were all a blast.

But if you really want to enjoy a day of sports go to a minor league ball game or a local college football game. At anyone of 4 minor league ball parks within an hour drive I can get tickets for myself, wife and daughter plus a dog and a soda for each for less than $40.00.

Back