The Coolest Kid in School

Bill Greenwood

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Bill Greenwood
Many of you may be familiar with the great series filmmaker/historian Ken Burns did on the civil war and even more so the recent one on the Vietnam War. He gets right down to what it was like for the average soldier, our side or the other, and makes it so personal and so sad.
Now he has just done a special on country music.
He's was up here earlier in the year doing research even though most don't consider this a country music hotbed. One band he features is the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and I have a special connection in a small way to them as I owned a duplex in the 70'S and used to rent one side to their drummer Jimmie Fadden and his wife Belise. I still see Jimmy Ibbotson around from time to time.
Anyway, he also had another episode about when country started to cross over to folk or popular or whatever and one night Johnny Cash was on tv in a dual appearance with Bob Dylan,who at the time was young,but pretty much becoming a legend. The story is told by Roseann Cash and she was 13 years old and said when she went to school the next day she felt like she was the coolest kid because her Dad was just on tv playing with Dylan.

Last edited:
Back