The Coast Guard puts one on its nose or slow news day in Colorado

RWY 7 remained open, while RWY 25 was being cleared? :eek:

:eek: would be right.

Maybe no big deal to do that for the folks at the high altitude helo training facility. Ok, it's National Guard so its gotta be helicopter, not helo. Oh well, I'm sure they just used the taxiway or ramp.

Too bad about the mishap. I can't imagine that it's much fun to keep the Falcons in good repair on the Coast Guard's budget.

Is there a coast in the Denver area? :dunno:

There has been in the past and will be again in the future. Why only 60 million years ago during the Cretaceous, Denver was prime ocean front real estate. There are footprints preserved in beach sand to prove it.

Always Prepared really means something when the planning includes a geologic timeframe! :D

There has been in the past and will be again in the future. Why only 60 million years ago during the Cretaceous, Denver was prime ocean front real estate. There are footprints preserved in beach sand to prove it.

Always Prepared really means something when the planning includes a geologic timeframe! :D
Oh, okay, that explains it. :D

Their fleet is mostly 200's with the "stealth motors" originally built by Airresearch IIRC, since bought out by Garrett. The CG pilots can't wait to get rid of the fleet, as the engines are very unreliable. The hourly MSP cost for them is more than double all the other jet engines in the GA fleet except for the old Challenger 600's with Avco Lycomings.

:eek: would be right.

Maybe no big deal to do that for the folks at the high altitude helo training facility. Ok, it's National Guard so its gotta be helicopter, not helo. Oh well, I'm sure they just used the taxiway or ramp.

Too bad about the mishap. I can't imagine that it's much fun to keep the Falcons in good repair on the Coast Guard's budget.

Back