The Christmas tenderloin holy crap

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
The Christmas tenderloin. holy crap. And that is only for choice, not select. I thought I’d get a jump on the Christmas rush.
There goes the Christmas budget
upload_2021-11-6_14-41-47.jpeg

You could always keep half frozen, and feed the relatives you don't like synthetic meat.

How are you cooking this thing?

I guess that's were my son's girlfriend comes in, she is a butcher and get things at cost....:rolleyes:

Really? Hey if I fly up to Alaska, could you get one for me? Gotta be cheaper.

If you're already married, getting a girlfriend is *NEVER* cheaper. (It's what I heard. What I don't herd is cattle. If I *did* I'd convert them all to tenderloin, then I could afford whatever I want!)

Yeesh. Christmas for us is normally a beef rib roast. This year the plan is to meet at someone else’s house so they’ll be the ones with THAT meat bill this year.

I do like getting a nice tenderloin and cutting it into steaks, though.

Yikes! I paid less for a prime rib last year of about the same size...saw it on sale and grabbed it!

My wife went to Shoprite to look for a turkey for Thanksgiving.
They had 2 in the case. She bought 1. It's all they would allow.
Among other meats that change year to year, I normally do a couple of traditional geese for the big Christmas family gathering.
She then went to the local butcher about them and he laughed at her. He had no idea if they would be available this year.
I am expanding my search. And getting my bird permit.
We have a lot of Canada Geese in the area. I don't remember how gamey they are.

My local WalMart grocery store has Honeysuckle White for $0.87/lb. That’s not bad.

Last year small turkeys were the thing because people were “supposed” to have small gatherings. This year’s freezer aisle has 15-25 pounders.

1971.jpg

Vegetarian.

If God had intended for Man to be a veggie, God would have made Zucchini more fun to hunt.

In my AO, Costco prices for that would be 50% more at least. Consider yourself lucky.

If God had intended for Man to be a veggie, God would have made Zucchini more fun to hunt.
Have you ever hunted Zucchini? They aren’t easy. Humans always in the way of a good shot in the produce section.

Have you ever hunted Zucchini? They aren’t easy. Humans always in the way of a good shot in the produce section.

Steel FMJ will alleviate that as a hinderance.

Back